Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by randomguy, Jun 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I had my first drink of beer a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like the taste.

Im not sure if I should drink more, I don't like the taste and its bad for your health.

Im not sure if I should really bother with it, the only reason I would do it is to fit in really.

Do you think I should just not drink?

Would you think I was a weirdo if I didnt?
  2. I dont drink either, but am willing to compromise in the Army to be one of the boys and not an outsider.
  3. FFS this is the Intelligence Cell - you don't become intelligent posting on it.

Why didn't you post in't NAAFI??

To the Hole!!!!!!
  4. If you don't drink alcohol, then don't drink it. Don't compromise, just to fit in, be yourself.
  5. It says "The Intelligence Cell" and then under it "General Chat Forum" that's why I posted it here.

Things is when i am invited down the pub, I am not sure what to say.

I don't mind socializing but I think people will just think I am weird if I am in the pub and dont drink and also the pub staff will be pissed off that im not buying anything.
  6. So your a social outcast, tough
  7. Pubs make a massive profit off post-mix (coke etc) so they'll be more than happy.
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Make your mind up yourself, there are folk that drink and those that don't.

If you feel that by not drinking, you don't fit in, then volunteer to drive!

Or drink something other than beer, there are many fine single malts available.
  9. There are a load of blokes that don't drink alcohol and it never stopped them going out with the lads

shame this is not in the NAAFI
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Lets put it in there then, shall we?
  11. Cheers boss :)

To the OP.

Man the fcuk up and get your fecking arrse in gear and get out with the boys you good for nothing waster. It is all about teambuilding and sticking with your muckers when they need your help or not. FFS man whenit comes to the shitey stuff you would expect them to be there for you :twisted:
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Quite right johnboy, they can all be muckers and all stop drinking alcohol. How is that for sticking with your muckers?
  13. You old drunkard :D where did i say the rest had to stop drinking :p
  14. Tonight is your lucky night. Welcome to the Bluntslane School of Pub Etiquette and Bezzerring. Your first consultation is complimentary (but the ciggie machine is out of order!!!). When invited down the pub, say yes great what time and where?

A top tip, the pub staff probably won't give a shoite if you don't buy anything, but your mates definitely will. Get the first round in, then when asked by yer mates what you're drinking, stick to non alcoholic drinks.

I also wish this was in the NAAFI.
  15. It is :D