Alcohol

Hi,
I had my first drink of beer a couple of weeks ago and I didn't like the taste.

Im not sure if I should drink more, I don't like the taste and its bad for your health.

Im not sure if I should really bother with it, the only reason I would do it is to fit in really.

Do you think I should just not drink?

Would you think I was a weirdo if I didnt?

randomguy said:
Hi,

Im not sure if I should drink more, I don't like the taste and its bad for your health.

Im not sure if I should really bother with it, the only reason I would do it is to fit in really.

I dont drink either, but am willing to compromise in the Army to be one of the boys and not an outsider.

FFS this is the Intelligence Cell - you don't become intelligent posting on it.

Why didn't you post in't NAAFI??

To the Hole!!!!!!

If you don't drink alcohol, then don't drink it. Don't compromise, just to fit in, be yourself.

It says "The Intelligence Cell" and then under it "General Chat Forum" that's why I posted it here.

If you don't drink alcohol, then don't drink it. Don't compromise, just to fit in, be yours
Things is when i am invited down the pub, I am not sure what to say.

I don't mind socializing but I think people will just think I am weird if I am in the pub and dont drink and also the pub staff will be pissed off that im not buying anything.

So your a social outcast, tough

randomguy said:
It says "The Intelligence Cell" and then under it "General Chat Forum" that's why I posted it here.

If you don't drink alcohol, then don't drink it. Don't compromise, just to fit in, be yours
the pub will be pissed off that im not buying anything.
Pubs make a massive profit off post-mix (coke etc) so they'll be more than happy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
randomguy said:
Hi,

Make your mind up yourself, there are folk that drink and those that don't.

If you feel that by not drinking, you don't fit in, then volunteer to drive!

Or drink something other than beer, there are many fine single malts available.

randomguy said:

I don't mind socializing but I think people will just think I am weird if I am in the pub and dont drink and also the pub staff will be pissed off that im not buying anything.
There are a load of blokes that don't drink alcohol and it never stopped them going out with the lads

shame this is not in the NAAFI

Forastero said:
johnboyzzz said:
Lets put it in there then, shall we?
Cheers boss :)

To the OP.

Man the fcuk up and get your fecking arrse in gear and get out with the boys you good for nothing waster. It is all about teambuilding and sticking with your muckers when they need your help or not. FFS man whenit comes to the shitey stuff you would expect them to be there for you :twisted:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
johnboyzzz said:
Forastero said:
johnboyzzz said:

To the OP.

Man the fcuk up and get your fecking arrse in gear and get out with the boys you good for nothing waster. It is all about teambuilding and sticking with your muckers when they need your help or not. FFS man whenit comes to the shitey stuff you would expect them to be there for you :twisted:
Quite right johnboy, they can all be muckers and all stop drinking alcohol. How is that for sticking with your muckers?

Auld-Yin said:
johnboyzzz said:
Forastero said:
johnboyzzz said:

To the OP.

Quite right johnboy, they can all be muckers and all stop drinking alcohol. How is that for sticking with your muckers?
You old drunkard :D where did i say the rest had to stop drinking :p

randomguy said:

Tonight is your lucky night. Welcome to the Bluntslane School of Pub Etiquette and Bezzerring. Your first consultation is complimentary (but the ciggie machine is out of order!!!). When invited down the pub, say yes great what time and where?

A top tip, the pub staff probably won't give a shoite if you don't buy anything, but your mates definitely will. Get the first round in, then when asked by yer mates what you're drinking, stick to non alcoholic drinks.

I also wish this was in the NAAFI.

bluntslane said:
randomguy said:

Tonight is your lucky night. Welcome to the Bluntslane School of Pub Etiquette and Bezzerring. Your first consultation is complimentary (but the ciggie machine is out of order!!!). When invited down the pub, say yes great what time and where?

A top tip, the pub staff probably won't give a shoite if you don't buy anything, but your mates definitely will. Get the first round in, then when asked by yer mates what you're drinking, stick to non alcoholic drinks.

It is :D

random guy, i sympathise with you a certain extent, im a supertaster and cant stand the taste of beer either, it tastes really bitter and not that nice. so i compromise and drink pretty much everything else behind the bar, spicey and coke, blu wkd, orange wkd, sometimes both topped up with vodka and cider, usually till i shit myself, puke or fall over, or on the rare occasion all three at the same time.....winner

Women become moist when the get the merest whiff of squaddie shirt vomit. Its true.

Edited to add true story. A mate was waiting patiently to get into a nightclub, no pushing or shoving, being a good lad, he eventually get to the door, the bouncers say "sorry mate, your not comin in ere"

Mate "Is it because I can't walk?"

He'd been moving up the queue on his hands and knees, well behaved though.

Last year I was on vacation in RoI and got an infection. (note: tooth thing, not clap) The local dentist in Donegal gave me a prescription for some antibiotic that is violently antagonistic to alcohol. She told me even small amounts could trigger projectile vomiting. I did not want to miss out on the craic and music and went to the pub anyway and drank Coke. The music and craic were just as good, no one said anything, pub didn't mind as they make money whatever you are drinking. In addition I didn't have to worry about about the Gardai pulling me over to blow in a little tube.

Relax and enjoy yourself, no one really cares what you are drinking.

DavidBOC said:
Last year I was on vacation in RoI and got an infection. (note: tooth thing, not clap) The local dentist in Donegal gave me a prescription for some antibiotic that is violently antagonistic to alcohol.
I have had them (from the denist too) and it does what it says on the tin :x

johnboyzzz said:
bluntslane said:
randomguy said:

It is :D
F*cking great, random guy you duffer, I bet you don't have too many close oppos, do you?