Alcohol, legal age limit

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs Trunnion tells me that the legal age limit for buying and/or consuming alcohol will rise to 21 this April (2008) Is this true, cannot find anything on Google about it.

If this is so, young squaddie is going to be very bored!
  2. Panic not...some blerk tried to do it but got pished off the platform. Its ok though, the local chavs can get hold of White Lightning no matter WHAT the age limit, so just get them to buy it for you!
  3. Just now on the BBC news some ban the bomb merchant reckons that alcohol is too cheap, hence we have a problem with binge drinking and unruly youths in the parks pissed up. The price of alcohol in France is a fraction of the price that it is here and they don’t have the same problems. So does it have anything to do with age?
  4. Must admit, I've always liked the non-alignment of drinking, sex, marriage and soldiering ages in UK law: amuses me to think that you can join the Army and legally kill someone before you can have a half of shandy...
  5. Im sure there must be more important things to worry about in the world than chavs getting drunk.
    If you shot all chavs then there wouldnt be a problem.
  6. Just brew your own. You can make it twice as strong. Set up a still in the block.
  7. I'm not making another still, not after the disastrous ''rapidly expanding*' still experience however this doesn't look so bad. micro brewery thingy for your own home

* may also be considered an explosion
  8. It's either that mate or hang round outside the NAAFI asking bigger boys to buy your booze for you.
  9. I'm not making another bomb, I mean still.