Albums In A Class Of Their Own..

They arrived in a generational musical vacuum, strummed a few chords and added some whining Scouse lyrics .

Talentless pap
Blur are cockneys, oasis are Mancs and Pulp are from Sheffield. Of you want scousers it’s those cünts the Beatles, echo and the bunny men, the las, cast or Frankie Goes to Hollywood (who do have a few iconic tracks).

Blur are cockneys, oasis are Mancs and Pulp are from Sheffield. Of you want scousers it’s those cünts the Beatles, echo and the bunny men, the las, cast or Frankie Goes to Hollywood (who do have a few iconic tracks).
You forgot these.

You forgot these.

And these.

I believe that , whether you like them or not, the Beatles deserve immense respect for the originality, longetivity, they were awesome in their impact on 20\21 Century music.

( I preferred the Stones )

You forgot these.

Thanks for reminding me. Twát :grin:

Blur aren't cockney walts, one is from Bournemouth, one from Essex, not sure about the other two, but I don't think anyone of them are gen cockneys

Last edited:
Blur are cockney walts, one is from Bournemouth, one from Essex, not sure about the other two, but I don't anyone of them are gen cockneys
OK, they are southern shandy drinking puffs.

That should cover it.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Blur aren't cockney walts, one is from Bournemouth, one from Essex, not sure about the other two, but I don't think anyone of them are gen cockneys
Whitechapel but moved to Essex (Alburn), Colchester, Bournemouth and Rinteln (dad played clarinet in the army, according to Wikipedia).

Poppy

LE
I loved the Las they did one brilliant album then fell apart I think

morsk

LE
A few years later, not many.

If you look at the Beatles, you have a combination of talents that work together and evolve.
Getting shot does'nt help this symbiosis - life is a bitch at times
George Harrison was the only talent. I mean, how many songs does the world need about holding hands? I'll give you Sgt Peppers, but the rest was awful.

Poppy

LE
my album in a class of it's own would be Live 1969 by the Velvet Underground - it's a timeless classic, doesn't feel dated like Stones, Beatles etc

I think the top 5 along with this one would be Remains by the Only Ones, Desire by Bob Dylan, anything by John Cale (too many to choose from) and Horses by Patti Smith

morsk

LE
Damon Albarn is great. Look at the Gorillaz.... Oasis just split up and churned out the same shit

Masters of the Universe by Hawkwind.

I remembered Silver Machine on Top of the Pops ( Stacia dances!) as a 10 year old.

Fast forward 4 years and reading the album review in the Shields Gazette round at my grans-never looked back.

George Harrison was the only talent. I mean, how many songs does the world need about holding hands? I'll give you Sgt Peppers, but the rest was awful.
Whenever I listen to a Beatles album I find the track I enjoy most of the token Harrison composition

Damon Albarn is great. Look at the Gorillaz.... Oasis just split up and churned out the same shit
And people won't let me forget it, the first time I heard Gorillaz I said something along the lines of that guy is ripping of Damon Albarn

morsk

LE
Whenever I listen to a Beatles album I find the track I enjoy most of the token Harrison composition
Exactly. Within without you is the best track they ever did. By far. Head and shoulders.

Masters of the Universe by Hawkwind.

I remembered Silver Machine on Top of the Pops ( Stacia dances!) as a 10 year old.

Fast forward 4 years and reading the album review in the Shields Gazette round at my grans-never looked back.
The thing that gets me is considering the amount of mind bending drugs Dave Brock must have taken over the years, he's still in rude health

morsk

LE
And people won't let me forget it, the first time I heard Gorillaz I said something along the lines of that guy is ripping of Damon Albarn
Charlie Chaplain came third in a Charlie Chaplain look alike contest. You called it. Good on you/

morsk

LE
The thing that gets me is considering the amount of mind bending drugs Dave Brock must have taken over the years, he's still in rude health
And sacked Lemmy for taking the 'wrong kind of drugs'. Brilliant