Albums In A Class Of Their Own..

daz

LE
Iron Maidens debut album with Paul Di 'Anno on vocals....

Paul Di 'Anno, not the best singer in the world as shown by Bruce's version of running free and his :)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Led Zep 3
John Hiatt Slow Turning
Free Heartbreaker
Van Morrison Wavelength
Fairport Unhalfbricking
Dylan Street legal
Clapton No reason to cry
Aerosmith Honking on Bobo.
Springsteen Born to run
Bryan Ferry Smoke gets in your eyes

Wooden Wonder

War Hero
I’m currently on day 45 of my vinyl Album choices on FB - 10 just wasn’t enough! :smile: Given that you can only choose one for each Group/artist, I reckon I’m doing pretty well. The Snow Goose by Camel was day 39 I think - great album! Today’s choice was The Alchemist by Home (1973) - lead guitarist Laurie Wisefield went on to join Wishbone Ash and bassist Cliff Williams went on to join AC/DC. A fantastic album.
My day 1 choice was Led Zep 4 (Four Symbols), but if I was to pick just one, it would have to be Foxtrot by Genesis, mainly because it has the astounding and extraordinary track Suppers Ready.
My ‘funeral track’ would be either Who knows where the Time Goes? by Sandy Denny or Pilgrims Progress by Procol Harem - both beautiful songs.
Home: yes! All three of their albums: Home, Pause for a Hoarse Horse and The Alchemist.

ON THE BOARDS TASTE.

s-l300.jpg

Fronted by the late great Rory Gallagher of course.
I bought this album in 1970 aged 16 and have always loved it.

Leon Russell is a bit of a legend and I reckon this is his best album ( not including his immense influence in Mad Dogs and Englishmen )

The Stone Roses debut stands up well, they just had to throw it all away afterwards

This wasn't bad either

Pity he doesn't do more rock songs, this was this one of his, here with Ann Wilson of Heart, better than singing for Mumsnetters that seems his stable now

Pity he doesn't do more rock songs, this was this one of his, here with Ann Wilson of Heart, better than singing for Mumsnetters that seems his stable now

Better indeed.
That track was originally from the aforementioned Tumbleweed Connection album and had much, indeed very much, to have Bernie Taupins influence credited to its success.

Hall and Oates.
Not a single weak track on this album

I like Hall and Oats and that track sounds excellent - A quick search on flea bay shows the vinyl going for silly money - mostly 20 quid plus and Amazon want £30 for the LP so I have swallowed my pride and ordered the CD for a much more sensible figure. I hope it as good as the preview suggests.

I like Hall and Oats and that track sounds excellent - A quick search on flea bay shows the vinyl going for silly money - mostly 20 quid plus and Amazon want £30 for the LP so I have swallowed my pride and ordered the CD for a much more sensible figure. I hope it as good as the preview suggests.
Good chance taken - it is.
Every track a gem but 'She's gone ' just rips into your soul.

Or search the torrent sites for FLAC of the vinyl and have the best of both worlds...

Meatloaf Bat out of Hell
ELO Out of the Blue
Queen Jazz
Rush Moving Pictures
Roxette Joyride (Marie was an object of my teenage lust)
Boston Long Time