Albums In A Class Of Their Own..

morsk

LE
Here's a clip with Captain Sensible explaining the background to their appearance on TOGWT in 1979 at around about the time of the album.
That man is a Legend, in the true sense of the word, nice guy, and all round nutter.

morsk

LE
CantBuy.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Having listened to my Rory Gallagher cd I’m going to add any Rory Gallagher album.

A fecking genius and such a shame that drink took him at an early age like so many other Irish greats.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd like to add bare wires by John mayalls blues breakers and the albums of the ELECTRIC PRIUNES .

1591202827760.png

Probably the last decent jazz thing that John McLaughlin did while he was still playing rather than just showing off at high volume at 1000 notes per minute. Excellently accompanied by John Surman, Tony Oxley and Brian Odgers. I've never tired of it.

That man is a Legend, in the true sense of the word, nice guy, and all round nutter.
Saw him live in the Lees Cliff Hall, Folkestone in the early 80’s.

Hardly anyone turned up.

He came on stage, saw the dozen or so people in the place. Told us to hang on while they moved the gear. They did the whole set on the floor next to us and he chatted with us between songs.

morsk

LE
Saw him live in the Lees Cliff Hall, Folkestone in the early 80’s.

Hardly anyone turned up.

He came on stage, saw the dozen or so people in the place. Told us to hang on while they moved the gear. They did the whole set on the floor next to us and he chatted with us between songs.
That is a great gig. Same story but with Major Matt Mason USA. I would have loved to have met the Captain though....

morsk

LE
Maybe a touch too commercial for the spirit of this Thread but

Huey Lewis just kept pumping out 'good-time Rock and Roll'
With the fabulous Tower of Power horns!

Latest Threads