Albums In A Class Of Their Own..

The Damned,
Machine Gun Etiquette
1591109486098.jpeg

Public Enemy, It takes a nation of millions to hold us back.
Beastie Boys, Licence to ill.

End the thread now.
I managed to buy Licence to Ill at Woolies age 8 1/2.
Not played it in years as I dont have a tape player.
I'll download it and reminisce about Ad Rock and Mike D before they became Vegan Tibetan freedom fighters

I managed to buy Licence to Ill at Woolies age 8 1/2.
Not played it in years as I dont have a tape player.
I'll download it and reminisce about Ad Rock and Mike D before they became Vegan Tibetan freedom fighters
Maybe rip the insignia of a VW, hang it round your neck and dance around to You Gotta Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Maybe rip the insignia of a VW, hang it round your neck and dance around to You Gotta Fight For Your Right (To Party)

Me and a mate with a couple of screwdrivers ripped the badges of nearly every car in a street.
Only a few were VW.
My car badge hobby got me in plenty of shit between the ages of 8 to 10, I was obsessed.
I din choose da thug life , thug life chose me.

Teenagers always think they're well hard

lill

Old-Salt
for me the definitive one-of-a-kind album was 'Clutching at Straws' by Marillion. it was their last album with Fish as vocalist. it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what it was about it, but i think it had 'finality' written all the way through it.

also it came out just as my bn started a tour in w/Belfast and i listened to it every night before falling asleep and it left an indelible mark on me. i think it's the album where they actually completely embraced the 'concept album' idea. their other albums all had good tracks on them, but this (to me) felt like all the tracks totally joined up ('Misplaced Childhood' was their other foray into complete concept album)

clutching at straws1.jpg

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Rush - 2112
Ralph Vaughan William - Fantasia On A Theme By Thomas Tallis.
Eels - Blinking Lights and other revelations.
Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful.
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again, I’d Do It All Over You.
Beatles - Revolver.
Fairport Convention - In Real Time.
The XX - XX.
Radiohead - OK Computer.
Turin Brakes - The Optimist.

TamH70

MIA
Still he named his band after the last song he recorded with Hawkwind, so I guess no hard feelings

Lemmy got royalties from his stuff with Hawkwind until the day he died, so there's also that I suppose.

Go to Jail, directly to Jail, do not pass Go, do not collect £200.00....

That is a GREAT album
Here's a clip with Captain Sensible explaining the background to their appearance on TOGWT in 1979 at around about the time of the album.

Latest Threads