• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

ALBUHERA DAY

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
I always wondered where that quote came from. Well done to the taffs for stopping Soult getting too ambitious and putting him in his place.

3rd Bn Queens Regt, 18 years ago today lost a fine SNCO.

Sgt Chaz Chapman, didn't know him, but the stories I've been told by his daughter who loved him will ensure his memory will stand the rigours of time.

Don't like RIP type posts but this one's sincere.

Albuhera day was always a good excuse for a sports day/battalion piss up in 2 Queens.

I'll raise a glass tonight with fond memories!

Die hard 57th and Steady the Buffs!

:D :D :D :D :D

Rodney2q

Trans-sane said:
I always wondered where that quote came from. Well done to the taffs for stopping Soult getting too ambitious and putting him in his place.
aaah - The PWRR is not Welsh. They have Wales in the name and the Welsh Dragon in the cap badge (actually the Tudor Dragon inherited from the Buffs) but they are formed from the Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey), The Buffs (East Kent) Regiment, the East Surrey Regiment, The Royal West Kent Regiment, The Middlesex Regiment, The Royal Sussex Regiment and the Royal Hampshires.

They might have the occasional taff serving with them though.

I can report that the '8th Battalion' celebrated in style! An excellent turn out with 38 on parade. A very good lunch was had in the Infantry Mess after the silent toast to the Immortal Memory, before which was given an interesting account of the battle by a rather verbose ex-Fusilier!......

Stand Fast the 31st! You've saved the day!

Happy days.......

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Percy said:
Trans-sane said:
aaah - The PWRR is not Welsh. They have Wales in the name and the Welsh Dragon in the cap badge (actually the Tudor Dragon inherited from the Buffs) but they are formed from the Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey), The Buffs (East Kent) Regiment, the East Surrey Regiment, The Royal West Kent Regiment, The Middlesex Regiment, The Royal Sussex Regiment and the Royal Hampshires.

They might have the occasional taff serving with them though.
My cock up. I got confused. The amalgamated regiment is now called the Royal Welsh. This is what happens when you don't do your homework properly...

I'll hang my head in shame.

Latest Threads