Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albanian terror on Serbs during 1980´s

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
But.... Serbian women hit 30, put on loads of weight, dress in rags and have teeth like sugar puffs.

somewhat like many Cypriot women, suddenly they stop being hot, gain 200 lbs and can be found carrying donkeys up a hillside

Some, not most - there were the 'woodentooth sisters' at Obelic (St. Eligius Lines) and the 'Tapeworm Incident' at Waterloo Lines. There are two sorts of Albanian girls, those who make money from foreign men and those who make money pulling stuck tractors and horses from fields. Kosovo is (or was in my time there) predominantly full of the latter.

and of course there were those in second category who were trying to be in the first.

So I was told by B** M***** as I was on standby for a tour over there, but ended up in Canada instead.

Ahhh...I remember Sonja :)

Jasminka wasn’t too bad either, as long as she didn’t smile...

Jasminka...? Name sounds familiar...was she the one with a set of teeth like a row of bombed shithouses....

Jasminka...? Name sounds familiar...was she the one with a set of teeth like a row of bombed shithouses....
I think she had a sister, nice lass called Anika or something like that. She used to go round with a mattress strapped to her back in case she met someone she knew....

Winnet

War Hero
Some, not most - there were the 'woodentooth sisters' at Obelic (St. Eligius Lines) and the 'Tapeworm Incident' at Waterloo Lines. There are two sorts of Albanian girls, those who make money from foreign men and those who make money pulling stuck tractors and horses from fields. Kosovo is (or was in my time there) predominantly full of the latter.

"Tapeworm incident"?

Absolute disgust you mean.

Putting it mildly along with utter contempt and nausea, putting it mildly.

No wonder so many cases of ptsd from that nasty conflict because of our utter helplessness and emasculation. It was tangibly painful and avoidable.
I may as well have swapped my gimpy for a feather duster.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Putting it mildly along with utter contempt and nausea, putting it mildly.

No wonder so many cases of ptsd from that nasty conflict because of our utter helplessness and emasculation. It was tangibly painful and avoidable.
I may as well have swapped my gimpy for a feather duster.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

back when it started and as I understand it there were close to a hundred teams 'practising' surveillance in the hills. they were more than capable of taking out the little gangs murdering entire villages but were denied permission. it could have been stamped out much sooner.

I never worked out if the EU hoped for lots of slovenian 'ten day wars' that would have led to easy break up leaving lots of little states that would have been easy to snap up and bully or if they were just too self centred in picking the colour schemes for their new offices to give a shit.

a proper appraisal was never forthcoming or at least I have never seen one, just like why they were so desperate to see the end of libya, Ukraine and Syria as well. were they just trying a continuation of the energy security policy tried by the last pan european superstate (oddly if they had stayed put in libya and not bothered with egypt they could have had all the oil they needed at a far lower cost if some test drills had been put down in the 30-40s

The politicians in the Balkans are much more honest than ours though. They don't care that the locals think they are corrupt. A local taxi driver (flexible for EUFOR - he could be RC, Orthodox or Muslim depending on the customer) told me that the thing that scares locals is a politicians on TV or a billboard talking about Moj Narod - my people, It meant an election of some sort was coming up. Roads resurface etc for around 3 months (uncoordinated of course) causing chaos, elections and an inability to form a Government at any level.

In Visegrad the new local government wouldn't occupy the brand new council offices because they had been built by the opposition when they were in power.

The politicians in the Balkans are much more honest than ours though. They don't care that the locals think they are corrupt. A local taxi driver (flexible for EUFOR - he could be RC, Orthodox or Muslim depending on the customer) told me that the thing that scares locals is a politicians on TV or a billboard talking about Moj Narod - my people, It meant an election of some sort was coming up. Roads resurface etc for around 3 months (uncoordinated of course) causing chaos, elections and an inability to form a Government at any level.

In Visegrad the new local government wouldn't occupy the brand new council offices because they had been built by the opposition when they were in power.
They make the Italiens sound honest and efficent.

were they just trying a continuation of the energy security policy tried by the last pan european superstate (oddly if they had stayed put in libya and not bothered with egypt they could have had all the oil they needed at a far lower cost if some test drills had been put down in the 30-40s
Just off thread a bit. Apparently in the North African campaign when the Afrika Korp captured Bengahzi from the British, they accused us of poisining the wells. When we recaptured it we accused the Germans of poisining them. It was subsequently found after the war that it was oil from the undiscovered oil wells that had been seeping into the water.

somewhat like many Cypriot women, suddenly they stop being hot, gain 200 lbs and can be found carrying donkeys up a hillside

and of course there were those in second category who were trying to be in the first.

So I was told by B** M***** as I was on standby for a tour over there, but ended up in Canada instead.
Which place had the hotest women!

back when it started and as I understand it there were close to a hundred teams 'practising' surveillance in the hills. they were more than capable of taking out the little gangs murdering entire villages but were denied permission. it could have been stamped out much sooner.

I never worked out if the EU hoped for lots of slovenian 'ten day wars' that would have led to easy break up leaving lots of little states that would have been easy to snap up and bully or if they were just too self centred in picking the colour schemes for their new offices to give a shit.

a proper appraisal was never forthcoming or at least I have never seen one, just like why they were so desperate to see the end of libya, Ukraine and Syria as well. were they just trying a continuation of the energy security policy tried by the last pan european superstate (oddly if they had stayed put in libya and not bothered with egypt they could have had all the oil they needed at a far lower cost if some test drills had been put down in the 30-40s
You keep referring to the EU. UN surely?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You keep referring to the EU. UN surely?

I was too busy having fun but as I understood it the UN was only interested in what was going on as was NATO hence the patrols but the EU was insisting it was its AO and its decision to police its own doorstep (as it did with libya and ukraine too). so we were told EU says no not UN says no and then 'you aint seen us right' I think the decisions to write it down and do nothing was because we were not there with the landowners permission. - mind you that never seemed to bother them before.

the UN took a long time to bother about it and NATO wasn't interested as everyone was too busy trying to ruin their militaries at the time while the soviet union was falling apart.

it's why I take such umbridge at the EU claiming it was the reason the russians never invaded and europe was a centre for peace and harmony.

wakners cant even mention WW2 in their own museum of self gratification

Latest Threads