Alastair Campbell has finally lost it ...

Mods, please remove any trace of this mendacious bully from this site. The mystery is that the media circus in general, and the BBC in particular, think that the sun shines out of his arrse, whereas the rest of the country think he is an arrsehole.

He was alright as editor of Today but it's been a long downhill stretch ever since.
Looks like he is nearing some type of meltdown.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think he's cracked up , or gone back on the sauce
Why is someone of your merit and experience posting this in CA?

Please post it somewhere where we can do it the justice it deserves.

Back on thread, he does look a bit the worse for wear. Perhaps he overdid it and went all Mel Gibson.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
there's a term for it - Discontinuation syndrome I think - something like that.

Chef

LE
From Wiki:
Alcoholism and depression
While accompanying Neil Kinnock's tour of Scotland in 1986 he began to display increasingly erratic behaviour, including dumping his hire car in the Rosyth Dockyard. He continued on that day, following Kinnock on to Perth, Falkirk and finally Hamilton where he had a nervous breakdown and was arrested by two Special Branch detectives. Police contacted his partner and following her calls to friends in Scotland the police let a family friend take Campbell to Ross Hall Hospital, a private BMI hospital in Glasgow where she and her father visited him. Over the next five days as an in-patient he was given medication to calm him, and he realised that he had an alcohol problem after seeing a psychiatrist. Campbell said that from that day onwards he counted each day that he did not drink alcohol, and did not stop counting until he had reached thousands.

Looks like he's stopped counting. ETA That's quite sad really.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
He needs a S9.

Whose medals is he wearing?

philc

LE
He was alright as editor of Today but it's been a long downhill stretch ever since.
Looks like he is nearing some type of meltdown.
He was never Editor, during my time it was the dour Ulster man.

Campbell was just about the nastiest shite I had the misfortune of dealing with, really obnoxious over the phone and in person.

Lockdown lunacy is a common feature nowadays.

Two incidents have been brought to my attention of late, the first was Elton John 'performing' on some TV 'stay at home big night in wnak fest' a couple of weeks ago.
He appeared to be over refreshed when he gave a rendition of one of his songs, and it was so appalling that it's made its way onto YouTube for historic archival.

Secondly, there has been an online virtual pub quiz, launched by some geezer from his spare room.
Not a bad shout, but as it's gained traction, the celebs have jumped on the bandwagon to guest, setting some of the questions, and a couple of weeks ago featured Gary Barlow 'entertaining' us during the interval.

To suggest our Gary was shitfaced would be an understatement, but his singing was worse than I'd expect down the local pub.
It was only made bearable by the online comments appearing on screen telling our Gary to stop being a tightwad and pay his taxes.

These people shouldn't be let out without their carers(PR managers) or else this Sh1t is what happens.

He was never Editor, during my time it was the dour Ulster man.

Campbell was just about the nastiest shite I had the misfortune of dealing with, really obnoxious over the phone and in person.
Yeah, I think he was a sub editor of some type.
I liked the paper because it just gave out the news and didn't seem to have any political bias that I was aware of.
Pretty lightweight stuff admittedly but it fulfilled my news needs at the time.

Wasn't the horrible Jock from The Thick of It based upon Campbell?

Lockdown lunacy is a common feature nowadays.

Two incidents have been brought to my attention of late, the first was Elton John 'performing' on some TV 'stay at home big night in wnak fest' a couple of weeks ago.
He appeared to be over refreshed when he gave a rendition of one of his songs, and it was so appalling that it's made its way onto YouTube for historic archival.

Secondly, there has been an online virtual pub quiz, launched by some geezer from his spare room.
Not a bad shout, but as it's gained traction, the celebs have jumped on the bandwagon to guest, setting some of the questions, and a couple of weeks ago featured Gary Barlow 'entertaining' us during the interval.

To suggest our Gary was shitfaced would be an understatement, but his singing was worse than I'd expect down the local pub.
It was only made bearable by the online comments appearing on screen telling our Gary to stop being a tightwad and pay his taxes.

These people shouldn't be let out without their carers(PR managers) or else this Sh1t is what happens.
Lockdown Lunacy seems the right expression to describe the diatribe of this Daily Mirror/Guardian journalist yesterday where he tweeted at Michael Gove's wife, Sarah and threatened to beat up Gove in front of their kids.

EY81A23XgAA8CN5.jpg

He then closes his account and releases a video repeating the threat and complaining about harassment.

Latest Threads