Alarm clocks.

Do you set an alarm clock?

There was the days when i was a pre-pubescent paperboy and got up with the housesparrows to deliver the not so good gossip unaided.

Then I came across hormones and it was a struggle to get me out of bed, even aided by my dads rigger boot. (fitted for and complete with, steel toecap)

Then I joined up. Setting the alarm was a precautiontary measure. A fail safe. Always woke up to wait and slap the fooker into snooze (oneupmanship see)

These days i do not need an alarm at all. Even after a bender.

Is it called getting old or is it discipline?

Thoughts

I'd go for the old option, and I speak from experience.
I only differed from you in the pre-pubescent bit, then I couldn't be beaten out of bed.

E

exmunkey

Likewise I can get up at any time required regardless without alarm clocks. Started off with crashing a few mornings then learning to not rely on alarms now stuck with 3-4 hrs sleep a night

I think its getting old

There was the days when i was a pre-pubescent paperboy and got up with the housesparrows to deliver the not so good gossip unaided.

Then I came across hormones and it was a struggle to get me out of bed, even aided by my dads rigger boot. (fitted for and complete with, steel toecap)

Then I joined up. Setting the alarm was a precautiontary measure. A fail safe. Always woke up to wait and slap the fooker into snooze (oneupmanship see)

These days i do not need an alarm at all. Even after a bender.

Thoughts
So it's not your mum waking you up for 6th form every morning then?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have two kids. I forgot what an alarm clock is for a long time ago.

These days i do not need an alarm at all. Even after spending the night with a bender.

Thoughts
Does a sore arse wake you up?

These days i do not need an alarm at all. Even after spending the night with a bender.

Thoughts
Does a sore arse wake you up?
I dunno!

I'll have to fill you in on that one then you can post the results.

Does waking up with an alarmed cock count?
Depends where and who you wake up with and if you are questioning it, you must either be considering a vow of celabacy (sp?) or going over to the Jarrord side....bah. Not even 'they' (not 'them') would consider 'that'

My lass is in Kendal till tomorrow and if needs be, I'll wakk into her dirty panteloons while sniffing her slippers.
Does she know this is likely?

I am now an old(er) bloke, retired with insomnia and apnoea. Bedtime is usually between 0200~0500 and I only set an alarm clock when I must be somewhere at a specific time; otherwise, when I wake up, I get up.

If you can get up at the right time even after 'going on a bender', either you didn't drink enough, didn't stay out late enough, or more likely both.

I remember once an entire twelve-man room being late on parade because everyone thought that someone must have set their alarm clock. Mistake. The YoS went ballistic - especially at me because I 'should've known fucking better' being an ex-reg. 'I wondered why it was a bit light outside.' didn't really work in my defence.

I remember once an entire twelve-man room being late on parade because everyone thought that someone must have set their alarm clock. Mistake. The YoS went ballistic - especially at me because I 'should've known fucking better' being an ex-reg. 'I wondered why it was a bit light outside.' didn't really work in my defence.
Stationed at 28th Sigs and doing rather well with (now what was her name?) in Krefeld I regularly got back to the billet
at 0600, good enough for works parade.

One day after lunch and a kip (the food was cracking in 63) The usual tones of Mothers Hour on the radio did not rouse me.

I awoke at 1600hrs to total silence. Nothing was ever said.

However,if very late for something very important and some shouty bloke is giving you grief and says "Where the feck have you been - you should have been here an hour ago!"
Do not never reply "Why what happened ?"

'This Message is hidden because.... Waaaahaa haaa

VVAAnn (and so on)