Alarm clocks.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pebbles015, Sep 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do you set an alarm clock?

There was the days when i was a pre-pubescent paperboy and got up with the housesparrows to deliver the not so good gossip unaided.

Then I came across hormones and it was a struggle to get me out of bed, even aided by my dads rigger boot. (fitted for and complete with, steel toecap)

Then I joined up. Setting the alarm was a precautiontary measure. A fail safe. Always woke up to wait and slap the fooker into snooze (oneupmanship see)

These days i do not need an alarm at all. Even after a bender.

Is it called getting old or is it discipline?

2. I'd go for the old option, and I speak from experience.
    I only differed from you in the pre-pubescent bit, then I couldn't be beaten out of bed.
  3. Likewise I can get up at any time required regardless without alarm clocks. Started off with crashing a few mornings then learning to not rely on alarms now stuck with 3-4 hrs sleep a night

I think its getting old
  4. So it's not your mum waking you up for 6th form every morning then?
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have two kids. I forgot what an alarm clock is for a long time ago.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Does a sore arse wake you up?
  7. Hear about the alcoholic homosexual? He went off on a bender.
  8. I dunno!

I'll have to fill you in on that one then you can post the results.
  9. yes. Work get a bit upset when I roll in at 11.30
  10. Depends where and who you wake up with and if you are questioning it, you must either be considering a vow of celabacy (sp?) or going over to the Jarrord side....bah. Not even 'they' (not 'them') would consider 'that'
  11. The chat room is still shite I take it?
  12. There used to be fat creatures in there to prevent nocturnal boredom for pissed people.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Does she know this is likely?
  14. Do you set an alarm clock?

I am now an old(er) bloke, retired with insomnia and apnoea. Bedtime is usually between 0200~0500 and I only set an alarm clock when I must be somewhere at a specific time; otherwise, when I wake up, I get up.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If you can get up at the right time even after 'going on a bender', either you didn't drink enough, didn't stay out late enough, or more likely both.