Alan Sugar gets job in reshuffle

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jockass, Jun 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sir Alan Sugar was awarded a peerage and a new enterprise role in government

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jun/05/alan-sugar-gordon-brown-reshuffle

Popularist move? I am sure he is a successful businessman but is he the best guy for the job? Surely Brown should have got 10 hopeful Enterprise apprentices and eliminated them over the next few weeks. Now that would be good TV.

Also we should get Carol Vorderman in as chancellor of the exchequer. Maybe then at least the sums might add up.

Celebrity Cabinet.
    I'm a cabinet minister get me out of here.
    Britains got government

Maybe Brown is finally onto something here. Certainly we've all been made contestants on the biggest Big Brother in the world already.

2. Grizzled TV gobshite he may be; paragon of business virtue and enterprise nouse he ain't.

3. Classic Gordon Brown school of popularity:

Lots of people watch the apprentice. (Lord?!) Alan Sugar is on the apprentice. Lots of people like Alan Sugar. Getting in with Alan Sugar will make me popular!

He's getting desperate now.

4. The main two things that i see with another of Gordo the Greats sudden ideas to get UK PLC out of shite city are:

Enterprise Zsar not really a proper job! And PEERAGE, Um public purse allowances for the already rich NICE.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I actually had a good deal of respect for Alan Sugar.....until now :cry:

6. "Business tycoon Sir Alan Sugar, who has been appointed an "enterprise czar" in the reshuffle, also backed Mr Brown saying: "We are in an emergency situation as far as the economic conditions go... I can not think of a better person to be in place." BBC website

proof, if it was ever needed, that Sugar is an ignorant tw*t! :evil:

does anyone else get the impression of a bus screaming towards a cliff and people desparate to either jump or grab hold of the wheel!!!!

7. Don't be suprised if Britains got Talent bosses are asked to select likely candidates to become the next Home Sec.

The man is desperate and its vile that his own thirst to remain in the top job is now obviously more important than this country.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is Labour are fatally wounded.

Just a few more labour MP's to pull the rug from under him please.

8. Sugar is Labour through and through. Surprised he wants to be associated with failure. Probably loves the attention.

9. ££££££££££

Simples :wink:

10. Let's hope he lends Gordon some advice, and leads him down the path of his own company...

11. Sadly, I would actually prefer that...

12. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

His Sky boxes are shite as well.

Hahaha.

13. Alan Sugar (now Lord Sugar thanks to Mr Brown) in a letter to The Times, March 19 1992.

Found at LobbyDog

14. The last decent thing Amstrad made was the CPC464. That was in the early eighties.