alan shearer for huddersfield-bbc day late with april fool

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by once_a_maverick, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quote from bbc sport

Former Brentford and Leicester boss Martin Allen has expressed a tentative interest in the vacant manager's position at Huddersfield Town.

Andy Ritchie left the club on Monday, leaving the Terriers to look for their third manager in less than a year.

The 42-year-old told BBC Radio Leeds he is keen to get back into management and Huddersfield Town would interest him.

Allen has been out of football since August after being sacked by Leicester boss just three months into his reign.

"I've managed against Huddersfield before and it's an awesome set-up, it's a big club with good support," Allen was quoted in Tuesday's Yorkshire Post.

"I have had several opportunities [to get back into management] but it has got to be the right job for me," he added.

Other names being linked with the job are former Bradford and Wigan manager Chris Hutchings and former England captain Alan Shearer.

Morecambe assistant Mark Lillis and current Carlisle number two Greg Abbott have also been mentioned.

I'll eat my foot!
  2. Stan Ternent, Alan Shearer, almost the same person ;)