• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Al-Zawahiris Knights under the banner of The Prophet

I have no idea whether this is the appropriate forum, but...

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of 'Knights under the banner of The Prophet'. Lots of the stuff I have, refers to it and then references www.fas.org, who have clearly had second thoughts and taken their translation off-line. It was serialized in Al-Sharq al Awsat (London) 2-10 December 2001 in Arabic. There is an FBIS doc code FBIS-NES-2001-1202, but again this googles to a translation of Al-Sharq al Awsat's leader rather than the text of the book.

Amazon have a selection of titles which refer but I suspect that they have their own reasons for not cataloguing it as hard copy...

Does anyone have any idea how I can track the whole thing down in translation, please? [Invading Afghanistan is not an option as someone has beaten me to it... 8O ]

Thanks in advance,

Fas.

You could try this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0674015754/?tag=armrumser-21

According to the Guardian review....

"Not least of the virtues of Kepel's book is that it provides in translation a huge amount of al-Qaida source material, such as Ayman al-Zawahiri's lengthy text Knights under the Prophet's Banner, which lays out in full al-Qaida's political programme. According to al-Zawahiri, he and Bin Laden agreed that the failure to mobilise the Muslim masses could only be reversed by an attack of the scale of 9/11, so convincing Muslims of the "irresistible power" of their movement."

Latest Threads