Al-Sadr may restart full-scale fight

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Trick_Boom, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Muqtada al-Sadr is considering setting aside his political ambitions and restarting a full-scale fight against U.S.-led forces — a worrisome shift that may reflect Iranian influence on the young cleric and could open the way for a shadow state protected by his powerful Mahdi Army."

Linky

2. The US missed out a couple of years back when they had a chance to take out Al Sadar.
    It's going to be a long hard battle but I do think he has to have his military base crushed.
    john
    and he needs wasting too.

3. Given the results of the last few weeks in Basra he may have shot his bolt. The Iraqi Government seem to be willing to take him on now. Al-Sadr will be too busy on that front to do much about the Yanks or ourselves.

4. Do not under estimate the influence of this man. His political roots were developed very early on and he has significant backing from the Iraqi populus. His father and his uncle were that significant a political threat that Saddam had them executed. In my opinion he is the only contender for President/Primeminister to form form a semi-stable Iraq.

Sure there will be blood spilt, but not half as much as if he is killed or they don't listen to him. He not only has his thousands of fighters but he also has millions of Iraqis who don't necessarily want to bear arms, but support him. This has grown since they have seen for themselves the puppetry and pocket lining going on in the so called 'great' democracy they have had to endure.

5. Amen.

A-fecking-men.

6. Do not under-estimate the extent to which he depends on Iran. I think al-Sadr is diminished lately.

Though they dilike his Nationalism, they give His Chubbiness sanctuary in Qom, and thoough they seem to arm him for the fight against Great Satan, they pulled the rug out from under him in Basra.

It suits them to help him carry on against Unca Sam in Baghdad. It will not suit them to have Al-Sadr in charge of Iraq - Maliki is more inclined their way.