Al Qaeda threaten to punish UK over Rushdie honour

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mag_to_grid, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why not though? I don't really know what he did to deserve it but why shouldn't we do so except for fear of upsetting a bunch of loonies with a warped perspective of the world?

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

i wonder; how many threats have AQ issued, and how many have actually been successful?

3. Do we get a follow up from the "Ofsted" branch of A-Q? Only fair since we seem to have had more than our fair share of A-Q errorists from the Special Needs Branch.

4. ......

5. I have news for the Alchi Leader, I condemn Rushdie's Knighthood too and I did it before them so they can just take a number and join the queue. Knighted for producing literate toilet paper really does place the entire Honours system into perspective, if the decades/centuries of pointless gongs awarded to undeserving self serving Industrialists etc hadn't already.

However, Rushdie may have been finally rewarded for coining the phrase 'naughty but nice' in which case fair play to him and all who sail on him.

6. good old islam :roll:

7. Who gives a fcuk what these people think?

We will knight who we wish (as a country) these fools can go back to where they came from and live how they want to if they wish.

As long as they don't bother us.

8. It's all a bit rich coming from a bunch of people that think they'll get rewarded in heaven for murdering women and children.

Is she wearing makeup? Kill her.
    Was she raped and left for dead? Kill her.
    Does she object to being beaten by her father? Kill her.
    Does she have "western friends"? Kill her.
    Is she driving a car (Saudi Arabia only)? Kill her.
    Does she want to be able to read? Kill her.

Does he want to set off a bomb in a crowded market and kill as many people as possible? Yay...Allah Akhbar....Mohammed is awesome (etc...)!

9. I'm sh*tting myself.

10. Talk is cheap.

Not the first AQ video to threaten a spectacular, only for fcuk all to actually happen.

I know we should never underestimate these people, but at the same time, I'm not going to lose any sleep over what Dr Mustapha Leek says.

11. That sums it up exactly. Everything that needs to be said about Rushdie or Al-Madeup has already been said.

Fcuk them.

Do we really want to be helping them win the media war? We'd start winning info ops battles, if the fcuking media editors would pick up the feeds and say

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.