Al Qaeda May Be Plotting Christmas Attacks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Contrarian, Nov 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How is this Military history?

Perhaps it should be in current affairs?
  2. Call me cynical or a tinfoil hat wearing nutter, but to me it seems that we never had this terrorist threat bo$$ocks untill der fuhrer bliar tried to railroad the I.D. card through parliament with the so called full backing of the police. We never had all these warnings when the Micks were playing up.
  3. If the mere threat of introducing ID cards makes the intelligence services more efficient, just think how much better they'll be at their jobs when ID cards are actually introduced.
  4. Dont think that was what he was getting at mate.
  5. Maybe the next step is to introduce little green crescents and internment camps, bet old shickelgruber is laughing his one nut off.
  6. No? Did he mean that Islamic terrorism is really a form of anti ID card protest?
  7. I was under more threat from the Irish gangsters years ago than from any islamic nutter now, so why didn't the security services make headline news then? where were the calls for I.D. cards, more spooks, tighter anti terror laws and the incessant erosion of the liberties that our forefathers fought for?
  8. It's very simple, we need ID cards because all Muslims look the same!

Note for those with no sense of humour:

Just Joking!!!
  9. Oh, it's just that time of year. When it's hot in Summer we have Global Warming stories, when there are floods in Autumn we get Melting Icecap stories, when the A Level results come out we get Exams Too Easy stories, and when Christmas approaches they wheel out the Terror Attack Imminent story. Lazy journalism and politico's trying to get a little coverage. Big deal.
  10. IRC, an alleged AQ cell was arrested some time ago with, among other things a "video recce" of a city center in thee run up to Xmas. Think it might have been in Germany, but I'm not sure.
    I've no doubt AQ would love to send us an extra special Christmas gift. And, of course, we have to be lucky all the time. Thye only have to be lucky once.
    After 7/7, I don't blame the Spooks at all for erring on the side of caution.