Al Qaeda Leader Killed in Drone Strike

TamH70

MIA
1659526387979-png.682693

Looks like a Cat N, mate. A bit of T-Cut, some Sellotape on that window, and she'll be all right. I'd watch out for leaks around the sunroof, though - these models with the Hellfire mods are notorious for it.

Last edited:

Hairy-boab

War Hero
The "Doha agreement." What a farce that is. They'd be better off flushing it down the toilet.

Still, there are people- supposedly intelligent people- who think that the Taliban can be pressed to form an inclusive government and allow girls back to school. Same people also shocked to discover the head of AL Qaeda residing in the same location as the $10 million bounty on his head (and Wall Street Journal contributor) "Minister of Interior."

I suppose that Afghanistan is still a seething mass of tribes and loyalties, even under Taliban rule. I'd lay a bet on somebody in Kabul, possibly government, being $10 million richer this week.

A bit of pretend outrage about the 'great Satan' and jobs a good 'un no? It is a hell of a lot easier to let the Americans get rid of him.

I suppose that Afghanistan is still a seething mass of tribes and loyalties, even under Taliban rule. I'd lay a bet on somebody in Kabul, possibly government, being $10 million richer this week.

A bit of pretend outrage about the 'great Satan' and jobs a good 'un no? It is a hell of a lot easier to let the Americans get rid of him.
Taliban is a mish mash of tribes and clans. The Kandahari Taliban, the Helmandi Taliban etc., etc. No differnt than any other 'army' in that it recruits from multiple regions, its just that armies generally are loyal to one cause, while the Taliban and their soldiers are loyal to a mix of personalities, tribes, villages, etc. That's repeated across Afghanistan - everyone has more roots and loyalty to their tribe or ethnic group than they do 'Afghanistan'.

Someone's for the chop then......

If you did harbour Ayman against the undertaking of the Taliban at Doha, that would he most disrespectful to the leadership.

“The government and the leadership weren’t aware of what is being claimed, nor any trace there,” said Suhail Shaheen, the head of the Taliban’s political office in Doha, Qatar.

One hates to be negative, but are they sure they've got the right chap this time? ISTR the Yanks claiming they'd killed the mastermind of the suicide bombing that killed 13 US Marines during the withdrawal. It was later revealed to be an innocent Afghan family.
You are negative.