Al-Qaeda Infiltrate TA?

#1
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1313759_1,00.html

Article in Sunday Times claims that 5 AQ members, one of whom is under arrest, have trained with TA. Also says that others tried to do this, but were weeded out by security checks. (Nice to see these things sometimes work 8O )

The article's reference to TA members having access to small arms made me smile - they made it sound like we have weapons sitting around at home, like the Swiss reserves.
 
F

fozzy

Guest
#3
Pork_Pie said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1313759_1,00.html

The article's reference to TA members having access to small arms made me smile - they made it sound like we have weapons sitting around at home, like the Swiss reserves.
Yes that did bring a smile.

This made me laugh:
"Patrick Mercer, the Tory homeland security spokesman and a former army officer, said Al-Qaeda terrorists could use TA passes to penetrate security at key MoD establishments such as the permanent joint headquarters at Northwood in Greater London"

WTF is a TA Pass? Does he mean MoD 90? I somehow doubt a sprog TA bloke being let into PJHQ with a chit in lieu after just turning up on spec.
 
#4
Im sure the TA sent more than 7000 blokes to WW1 and WW2.

Im sure there are easier ways to get hold of PE4 than joining the RE and waiting for your once a year go on the live firing range. still its a nice image that we actually have some equipment :evil:
 
#6
Aunty Stella said:
candidates are asked to disclose if they have any known terrorist affiliations.
Excellent :D
Baldrick at the MOD must have had a cunning plan when they wrote the form... :lol:
 
#7
Micky_Dees said:
Aunty Stella said:
candidates are asked to disclose if they have any known terrorist affiliations.
Excellent :D
Baldrick at the MOD must have had a cunning plan when they wrote the form... :lol:
same question is on the visa waiver form when i flew to USA :lol: duh
 
#8
semper said:
Micky_Dees said:
Aunty Stella said:
candidates are asked to disclose if they have any known terrorist affiliations.
Excellent :D
Baldrick at the MOD must have had a cunning plan when they wrote the form... :lol:
same question is on the visa waiver form when i flew to USA :lol: duh
Security isn't a dirty word Blackadder... Now crevice, that is a dirty word!
 
#9
has the spot on your willy dissapeared then scalieback :lol:
 
#10
The last thing we want is the enemy masquerading as our own people,” Mercer said.
There's a political parallel here somewhere...just can't put my finger on it.
 
#11
semper said:
has the spot on your willy dissapeared then scalieback :lol:
As I said, that was a friend of mine. Pity about the one on your shoulders!
 
#12
scalieback said:
semper said:
has the spot on your willy dissapeared then scalieback :lol:
As I said, that was a friend of mine.
so you say , nope no chips on my shoulder if thats what you mean :D
 
#13
semper said:
scalieback said:
semper said:
has the spot on your willy dissapeared then scalieback :lol:
As I said, that was a friend of mine.
so you say , nope no chips on my shoulder if thats what you mean :D
No semper (forward?), I wasn't talking about chips on your shoulder, just a spot. Unfortunately, the point may be lost on you but don't worry about it. :)
 
#14
i try not too worry about it , i have important things to do here , really important things , its usually called life :)
 
#15
yeoman said:
Im sure the TA sent more than 7000 blokes to WW1 and WW2.

Im sure there are easier ways to get hold of PE4 than joining the RE and waiting for your once a year go on the live firing range. still its a nice image that we actually have some equipment :evil:
I see your point, yeoman - according to this article, "Iraq is the largest deployment in the TA's 97-year history"!?!! :roll:

This is on a par with Mr Blair's claim that "no Prime Minister has been better served by His armed forces". :roll:

I would suggest we start a daily competition for the most crass balderdash in the day's media, but we would have no time left for anything else on this fine website.
 
#16
to date from what i have heard , the TA is now making up 25% of the deployments in Iraq
 
#18
Security experts say while such access may be limited, terrorists could get greater benefit from targeting selected units such the Intelligence Corps, the Royal Engineers and logistics units.
Cripes! if Johnny Al Qaieda gets in the Intelligence Corps TA, then its curtains for their secret compo bolognaise recipie! ( add real parmesan of course)

( I'd be a bit worried about their tip-top secret mulled-wine preparation as well)

Don't worry readers, most of them are lawyers, so they are all thoroughly reliable types...
 
#19
Can we have more stories in the Times about this subject???

If tonights anything to go by we'll be forming another regiment soon, the XX (Al Queda) Signal Regt(V).

We had 6 muslim(asian) recruits in tonight (not in an asian area) coincidence or what.

I'm assuming they are genuine (joining for the right reasons), good luck to them in fact.
 
#20
subbsonic said:
Security experts say while such access may be limited, terrorists could get greater benefit from targeting selected units such the Intelligence Corps, the Royal Engineers and logistics units.
Why not just infiltrate a Medical unit and burn all the tentage? :wink: Oh and try to bump off the important DR's and perhaps the odd (?) nurse or two (caveat: All nurses are odd)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Current Affairs, News and Analysis 18
E The Intelligence Cell 2
GROWNUPS_BEWARE The Intelligence Cell 6

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top