Al-Qaeda bid to infiltrate MI5

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by india-juliet, Jul 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Al-Qaeda sympathisers have been trying to infiltrate the British security service MI5.

But those with al-Qaeda sympathies had been weeded out during a six- to eight- month vetting process, officials added.

The Security Service now publicly advertises for staff as part of a major expansion plan to combat terrorism, ending decades of secrecy.

Tens of thousands apply to join MI5 each year, with 400 making it through to final selection.

Applicants are first assessed by an outside agency, then those shortlisted invited to MI5's London headquarters, where their backgrounds and sympathies are intensively investigated for six to eight months.

I know what they mean by length. I was succesful in an interview with GCHQ at their London Office in the late 90's. The developed vetting took so fecking long I ended up puling out and accepted a job with better pay.

2. Of course it'll take longer for foreigners such as yourself.

3. That could be misconstrued as a racist comment! Tut Tut Manchestercop, coming from a guy such as yourself. I thought the Police or anyone affiliated to them would not dare post such a comment?

4. Maybe the comment was more about the India bit than the avatar??

5. What? Step away from the keyboard you are far to excited. It was hardly racist was it.

foreigner

n 1: a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country

You do not owe allegiance to my Queen or country...

6. Is calling someone "foreign" racist as well now, can someone point me in the direction of an ammended pollitically correct dictionary im having trouble keeping up with this pc bollocks

person of foreign origin?

7. Let me see. I have a British Passport, I could have opted for an Irish One but I chose a British one, so yes I do have allegiance to " Your Queen & Country" !!!

8. It must be mark, let me know if you find that dictionary as I need to see it aswell!

So then you aren't Irish as you claimed, you are in fact from the Republic of Ireland and a British subject, sorry please do correct me...

9. No Im a full Citizen, There is no Subject status in my passport. My mother is British. Let me see this thread has been moved to the Arsse Hole, Go and do your work for Michael Todd, I do hope you know who Michael Todd is now!!!!

10. Michael Todd, well done GMP CC. Not my boss however, come back when you hold the office of constable.