• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Al Jazeera TV channel in UK................

This is the international version, to be broadcast in English.

They've snaffled a large number of UK journos, David Frost, Darren Jordan, Rageh Omar, Shiulie Ghosh and the local guy who used to front Granada news up here.

Its only fair to give them a chance, they cant be any worse than The Network America Trusts (period).

I would assume they have as much right to broadcast as any other news service (and as you say DrS they are no worse than some!) but they do have a reputation of bias towards muslim extremist groups.

Can we rely on other groups to monitor their broadcasts for equality, or should we just storm the building and create the first Arrse news service now? :)

Darren is a graduate of RMAS, and a former JDF Officer , as I dimly remember. They also seem to have some quality lined up for the new venture.

I think it's worth looking in and giving them a go.

cpunk

LE
What's the problem? Al Jazeera is a perfectly respectable news outlet, which broadcasts from a broadly Arab perspective, pretty much like the BBC broadcasts from a British perspective (oh yes it does!) and Fox News broadcasts from a Banjo-strumming, moonshine brain-damaged, Appalachian redneck perspective. George W Bush and his mates may not like it, but they probably wouldn't like the Granada Men and Motors Channel either.

cpunk said:
What's the problem? Al Jazeera is a perfectly respectable news outlet, which broadcasts from a broadly Arab perspective, pretty much like the BBC broadcasts from a British perspective (oh yes it does!) and Fox News broadcasts from a Banjo-strumming, moonshine brain-damaged, Appalachian redneck perspective. George W Bush and his mates may not like it, but they probably wouldn't like the Granada Men and Motors Channel either.
Rofl :D

Latest Threads