Al Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Scotty1, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Well..... that sucks!

3. Will he use it as a launch pad to derail Hillary?
    I understand why the Nobel Prize committee gave him and the UN the peace prize as through Live 8 and what not environmentalism has a higher profile. Also the link between climate change and stability is nothing new!

Edited: For clarity.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I normally agree with a lot of what you say but in this case I have no idea what you mean. :oops:

5. :oops: Sorry, a serious case of bad editing there!

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Taking it a stage further I was listening to the BBC World Service yesterday and there was a program about 'population control'. I was shocked to be told the worlds population is growing at 1 1/2 million per week!! When they put it into the context of the resources needed for these people it put my plastic bag and glass bottle recycling into context.

I think Gores program on climate change was interesting and really has done a huge amount to bring the problem it to the attention of many. I am yet to be convinced of the cause though.

As I've said it appears as if population control is the real key to the problem, assuming its us causing it, rather than the rest of us just trying to be more efficient.

I'll try and find a link to the program.

7. How is he going to pick up his award ? Fly in his personal jet to Norway ? I hope he rows personally. Apart from that I have no time for the idiot - anyone who is not willing to look at the other side of the argument and have a reasoned debate should'nt be winning anything like a nobel prize.

8. I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

9. Now that would be interesting. He could use this as you say because the world may just be ready to vote in the Green ticket due to recent events.

You're not a spin Doctor are you Cast?

10. No! But I did make Alistair Campbell blush and get all tongue tied once.

11. Which one then? Tony Blair or that little freak who used to Spin Doctor Gordon Brown?

12. Grim irony in that the Nobel Prizes (especially the peace prize) are awarded as a result of Alfred Nobel having left much of his vast fortune to found the Nobel Trust for the purpose.

Alfred was of course the inventor of dynamite. He also owned Bofors.

Awarding a Nobel Prize to a cynical politician attempting to boost his flagging career off the Climate Change bandwagon and some questionable Stats. seems equally perverse.

13. He's still a cnut though, and a sophist, dissembling, manuipulative one at that.

14. Campbell worked for Blair! Not even a claim to fame that one should even really admit to! :oops:

15. No No. I was asking if you were TB as he was capable of shutting Campbell up. Also, the fat Spin Doctor belonging to GB hated AC with a passion and the feeling was mutual.

Sorry for the confusion.