Al Gore.A true Green campaigner ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And there you have the real reason for the green lobby.
    Jack shit to do with saving the planet, as usual its about power and money
  2. Or, did he put "his" money ($75million) where his mouth is?
  3. Whereas the "climate change sceptic lobby" are all sweetness and light and are just in it to save the fluffy bunnies?

Of course there is no vested financial interest on the other side of the fence is there...

4. Ahhh well, I cannot deny that both sides are in it for a profit :D
    However I make no gain either way and I'm a firm sceptic.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Indeed. There's nothing wrong with power and money wading in to the green market providing the rewards we reap are less poisons and foul shoitentering our atmosphere and food chain (a handy by-product would be less deforestation and massacring of wildlife too).
  6. Yea! He's the one who really pushed forward the idea that CO2 and global temperatures were rising together - the former influencing the latter. The two now seemed to have parted company (ie temperatures have evened out since 1998 and are actually now starting to fall, unlike CO2 levels) but a bit too late to stop Gore accumulating his first billion.
    Incidentally, has anyone noticed recently how government officials and so-called experts have abandoned the term "global warming" and now refer to it all as "climate change" which is equally inaccurate. Have they acknowledged in private that the Grand Scheme seems to have gone a little awry?
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Its always about someone making money somewhere. Its not gone awry, it just needs re branding for more people to rip off the gullible.
  8. Algore... didn't he also claim to have invented the internet? Guy's a clown. Decrying the building industry in the USA for pushing McMansions while living in a 10,000 square foot home (and that's just one of his houses).
  9. He has also done sterling work in alerting the world to the threat that is ManBearPig :wink:
  10. Al Gore - one chad short of El Presidente :cry:
  11. Strangely enough a few years ago I read on the Edinburgh Evening News website something similar about Gore and everyone on it replied what a hypocrit he was . We then had Scottish Green Party bigwig Ruth Cameron coming on stating it was nobodies business how much of a carbon footprint Gore had !

I guess environmentalism is the new communism