Al-Azhar denounces atrocious racist attack on London imam

Its obvious that Al-Azhar don't follow this forum (Well maybe they only read the NAAFI Bar) or they'd know that we are all in favour of punishing yobs/chavs/scum.

did muslims demand the same when the 2 christian nuns were murdered in some african shithole ?......er no, because the attackers were muslims.

Why is it that muslims consider themselves to be a race ? stupidly I thought that muslims were from many different races. So where exactly is the country called Muslim ?

The bloke lumped a copper so he is obviously Policeist, and not some random nutter or anything.

To be the voice of caution (appeasement? :roll: ) Al-Azhar isn't a fundamentalist group; it's the oldest university in the world, the Islamic Oxford. While, like the rest of Egypt, it's been going more hardline in recent years, it represents a broadish spectrum of theological opinion; the cleric beaten up was probably far more moderate than most of the imams his young UK audience flock to here.

And in fairness we are either against the sort of scum who attack lone elderly persons, or we are for them. It brooks no cherry-picking.

still21inmymind said:
And in fairness we are either against the sort of scum who attack lone elderly persons, or we are for them. It brooks no cherry-picking.
I find the person who carried out the attack to be evil and the person who was attacked to be a member of an evil organisation.

and what organisation would that be?

Rumpelstiltskin said:
To be the voice of caution (appeasement? :roll: ) Al-Azhar isn't a fundamentalist group; it's the oldest university in the Islamic world, the Arab Oxford. While, like the rest of Egypt, it's been going more hardline in recent years, it represents a broadish spectrum of theological opinion; the cleric beaten up was probably far more moderate than most of the imams his young UK audience flock to here.
It maybe the oldest but the problem is it's still 500 years behind the rest of us. These barbarians, who behead and stone people for having sex outside of marrige FFS, are like the catholic church of the 11th century. There is nothing peacefull and inclusive about a religion that advocates the appaling punishments it does for trivial transgressions of its rules.

Unless it modernises islam is doomed to failure. Blind obidience interpreted by imams is at its foundations, ultimately people will begin to question it as happened with the christian faith and look how many have turned away from that in recent years.

Uneducated morons are the words I would use to classify muslims and should be treated as such. Anybody who believes he should kill and maim people for allah when allah is supposed to be omnipident is a moron.

All_Torque said:
Rumpelstiltskin said:
Bugly said:
Rumpelstiltskin said:
and what organisation would that be?
islam
I can't be fcuked to even begin debating this one with you.
Well why bother with the post then if you're not prepared to back it up. If you have an argument put it up or shut up.
So all Muslims are evil, then? Or just Islam as a whole? And I presume you are conversant with the different strands of the religion or are you just gobbing off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hugh McManners Royal Navy 8