• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Al Andalus Ultra Trail - 2009

Er..... Hi

Please forgive the blatant sales pitch. This is my first post on Arsse although, as an ex-Gunner, I have been loitering with intent around here for a quite a while.

I now live in sunnier climes and as a way of passing the time I have taken to long distance and ultra running. :x

A good friend of mine has organised an Ultra event in Southern Spain for July 2009. Briefly the Al Andalus Ultra Trail is a very tough 5 day, 5 stage race of around 250km. The course will provide a very demanding test not just for your legs but for your character and determination.

Temperatures will be high (35-45C), climbs numerous and long and the trails are scenic and demanding. Over 90% is off-road, mountain and desert tracks with the majority of tarmac in the final kilometers when you are approaching the stage village finishes.

Now I know that many of you will have heard of the Marathon Des Sables (MDS). The Al Andalus Ultra Trail is organised by veterans of the MDS, and will be a similar type of event in all but cost; i.e. approximately £440 as opposed to £3500 for the MDS. You'd also have to get here, but the budget airlines have destinations nearby.

For more information take a look at http://www.alandalusultratrail.com/ or I'll try and answer them on here.

Ta.

Latest Threads