AKX is Looking for a Programmer

The Army Knowledge eXchange (AKX) team is actively looking for a programmer(s) to join them in the Land Warfare Development Centre, HQ Field Army, Warminster.

Skilled in HTML, J Query, CSS and familiar with Microsoft SharePoint 2013, the small development team is looking to recruit both a temporary (short-term) contractor and a permanent Webmaster (Civil Service C2 grade position). This is an exciting opportunity as the AKX will shortly move onto the Internet behind the Defence Gateway where it will be accessible by the whole Army.

Please contact FdArmy-Warfare-AKX-Mailbox@mod.uk for more information.

Attachments

The Army Knowledge eXchange (AKX) team is actively looking for a programmer(s) to join them in the Land Warfare Development Centre, HQ Field Army, Warminster.

Skilled in HTML, J Query, CSS and familiar with Microsoft SharePoint 2013, the small development team is looking to recruit both a temporary (short-term) contractor and a permanent Webmaster (Civil Service C2 grade position). This is an exciting opportunity as the AKX will shortly move onto the Internet behind the Defence Gateway where it will be accessible by the whole Army.

Does this mean we can access it from non-DII machines?

AKX in particular which does not sit on the MOD Intranet. It sits on independent Army servers at Andover. We are preparing to launch an OFFICIAL version on a SharePoint 13 platform behind the Defence Gateway in the near future. We need to be able to move the OFFICIAL AKX content from the Army Hosting Environment site. We also need to prepare AKX so that it can be adapted for viewing from personal devices.

I am always really wary of jobs requiring open source skills plus MicroSoft type stuff. People very good at the former generally refuse to have anything to do with the latter. Sharepoint in particular is a shocker.

Once AKX (OFFICIAL) moves onto the Defence Gateway - in the next few months - you'll be able to access it from any device from wherever you are. This will be great for those who don't have easy access to Dii and for the Reserve. It will also allow AKX to link to the Defence Learning Environment (DLE), Army Library Information Service (ALIS) and Defence Connect (collaborative platform).

I am always really wary of jobs requiring open source skills plus MicroSoft type stuff. People very good at the former generally refuse to have anything to do with the latter. Sharepoint in particular is a shocker.
You'd be great at this job.

You're brilliant at everything else.

If AKX hadn't had its teeth pulled a couple of years ago, it would be a cracking thing to have out there.
Now, perhaps not - this sounds more like a dead cat bouce before someone says "enough of this silly learning stuff"

Have you had a look at it recently?
I wish I could - before you did whatever you did about 6 months ago, I was on it at least once a week. I think it's a bit of a hidden gem.

And JPA?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Oh FFS. The job spec includes ASPX as well. It is like asking for vegetarian cannibals.
Who are zombies, and wielding celery sticks.