AKU Pilgrim GTX FG - High Liability Combat Boots

AKU Pilgrim GTX FG - High Liability Combat Boots - WIN A PAIR!

I never win anything. I could fall in a bucket of t1ts and come out sucking my thumb.

The winner is @morsk with his still totally incorrect guess of 49 cuts. The actual total was 57.

I am somewhat pleased that my ninja-esque editing skills have resulted in such smooth transitions mind. For the doubting Thomases, please see the attached image.

@morsk - PM me your full name and shipping details along with an email and size please for AKU's distributor.

Woo!
@morsk I am really sorry I made a mistake and the real number of cuts was 39 so that makes Houseman the winner.

sorry

MrBane

The winner is @morsk with his still totally incorrect guess of 49 cuts. The actual total was 57.
I make it 48 including cutting between Mr Mushroomheads.
As I was runner up and missed by 1, I feel I am entitled to a boot. Left, black, size 8, thanks in advance. If Trekitt happen to then have a right boot lying around that they can't sell (same spec) I'll take that off their hands as well.

Alternatively a hundred quid gift voucher would be acceptable, ta very much ;)

W21A

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I feel the need to post something eye catching and witty (Despite my attempt to support Mr Bane's use of the Scots dialect.) but sorry - ah'm pished.

I am considering the purchase of a pair AKU Tengu Lite GTX

Anyone have any experience or advice about AKU - generally what kind of fit are they - wide - narrow

Thanks

High on the hill

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
What does "High Liability" actually mean?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What does "High Liability" actually mean?
It means your highly liable to look good and kick ass in them.

Or, more possibly, that they are designed for environments which are, uh, high liability - i.e highly likely to **** you up.

Basically, that they are designed for use in areas of high risk in terms of terrain, obstacles, etc. It's an MOD classification I believe.

I thought 6 re-shoots. The boots look great - I had Ammo / DMS / CAB in my time, but the best were the NI Urban Patrol Boots, althgough they were hard to get hold of!

How long was it that you tested them? I've no experience with fabric boots, but wonder how they'd hold up to extended wet & muddy conditions.

I am considering the purchase of a pair AKU Tengu Lite GTX

Anyone have any experience or advice about AKU - generally what kind of fit are they - wide - narrow

Thanks

High on the hill
Half a size smaller is my experience on the fit. I usually buy 9/5 from AKU and it fits perfectly.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How long was it that you tested them? I've no experience with fabric boots, but wonder how they'd hold up to extended wet & muddy conditions.
If you're talking about the Pilgrims, I've worn only Pilgrims since 2011 every day more or less. The only reason I ditched my first pair of MK1s was because after uhm four or five years, the treads were gone and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of sending them away for a resole.

The only reason I changed from the MK2s after what, two or so years I got sent these new ones!

Boots are robust as ****. Your abilities of gaining an erection will let you down before they do.

If you're talking about the Pilgrims, I've worn only Pilgrims since 2011 every day more or less. The only reason I ditched my first pair of MK1s was because after uhm four or five years, the treads were gone and I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of sending them away for a resole.

The only reason I changed from the MK2s after what, two or so years I got sent these new ones!

Boots are robust as ****. Your abilities of gaining an erection will let you down before they do.
The number of Pilgrim boots you have is scientifically proven to the length of you arm.

I have 8, so my arm is small.

Hope that helps.

Mr Happy

LE
31, but in my defence I couldnt understand the words so just had to look at the images and that cloud cover didnt help..

ugly

LE
Just a quick question, have we gone back to imperial sizing as in 11 medium (my DMS) instead of 282-102 (my BCH) or another euro method?

I don't understand the moaning about BCH. I thought they were great and a real revelation after DMS which were shit.
Quite agree I found that once broken in they were okay. For broken in read worn out with almost no tread pattern left on the sole and the leather so supple it gave no no support whatsoever. Once they got to that stage you just didn't want to exchange them. I recall a certain CQMS inspecting boots and threatening to charge people for having no tread on them.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I fancy a new pair of boots, but as I cannot spell Aku, I accidently ordered an Emu on ebay instead.

Does make distances easy, but I have to carry a sack of grain to feed the bloody thing.

And on a serious note. unfortunately I don't have AKU shaped feet. Looked at a few pairs now (for hill walking etc) but have ended up with Meindles as they fit my feet perfectly.

So what’s the bobby with your new socks?

1000 mile socks but better?

I’m wrestling with shrunk, heel holie 1000 milers

What are you doing better and is it worth the investment

Latest Threads