AKU Pilgrim GTX FG - High Liability Combat Boots

AKU Pilgrim GTX FG - High Liability Combat Boots - WIN A PAIR!

A hundred and seven? ! Anyway, I could do with a pair of size 8s, as I've buggered my feet about in some shit boots over the years, too short, too wide, too rigid, soles falling off/disintegrating, so I could do with a good pair that will see me out.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’m going to the north of Norway Oct/Nov. The average weather can be as low as -20c. All my boots are warm weather.

I have a pair of Altberg sneakers but maybe they’re not quite up to it. I generally don’t get on with Gortex/MVP because I’m sweaty but maybe Norway is a bit too cold and wet to stick to what I know.

I expect to be lurking around in HQs and vehicles. I won’t be tabbing around much.

Should I ask for these AKU boots or for the Altbergs or Haix.

I’m going to the north of Norway Oct/Nov. The average weather can be as low as -20c. All my boots are warm weather.

I have a pair of Altberg sneakers but maybe they’re not quite up to it. I generally don’t get on with Gortex/MVP because I’m sweaty but maybe Norway is a bit too cold and wet to stick to what I know.

I expect to be lurking around in HQs and vehicles. I won’t be tabbing around much.

For a six(ish) week jolly to Norway i would wear Karimor SF ECW…..with a spare pair of newly won akus provided by Mr dulcet tones…...

If i was going that is;) i would also blagg some of that merino stuff he was bumming up not so long ago.

I love my Pilgrims but cold weather boots they ain't.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They're good, but no, cold weather, proper cold weather, not suitable. Chilly weather and snow in the UK with good Armadillo socks and they're fine, but our cold is pretty piss poor compared to Norway!

i reckon 35 cuts

A hundred and seven? ! Anyway, I could do with a pair of size 8s, as I've buggered my feet about in some shit boots over the years, too short, too wide, too rigid, soles falling off/disintegrating, so I could do with a good pair that will see me out.
Buy boots that fit then. It's not hard.

34 cuts.

DMS - nice and shiny.
BCH Mk 1 - good but not with tendon issues.
BCH Mk 2 - better and not a bad boot. Had a pair that got so soft that folded at the ankle.
Assault boot - more improvements. Not bad.
Altberg - very good bit of foot kit but high maintenance after getting wet.

These look very nifty.
I take it those were the slip on pixie boots you got issued at Cranwell for stepping out crab officer styleee. Did you get the ones with tassels?

Time frame sort of marries up.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This will end this Sunday for the competition. Get your guesses in!

I once got voluntold to bull the Padres shoes. No idea why I got the job. Off I went with a spoon to the cookhouse and burnt them in, followed by a really good job. of applying really really really shiney polish The Padre was SO chuffed with them in the end, I swear he looked like he was tearing up. Anyway, to thank me he bought me something like half a ton of cate cremes and boost choccie bars. Turns out not only was he the Padre, but also a really really decent bloke. Haven't thought about him in a while, but if by some chance you read this, I wish you well Padre.

Edited to add: This is more shoes than boots, but still footwear......

Last edited:

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Currently sorting through the entries. Last chance to get in on this! Counting takes me a while, got to get my socks off, so probably within the next 30 minutes.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The winner is @morsk with his still totally incorrect guess of 49 cuts. The actual total was 57.

I am somewhat pleased that my ninja-esque editing skills have resulted in such smooth transitions mind. For the doubting Thomases, please see the attached image.

@morsk - PM me your full name and shipping details along with an email and size please for AKU's distributor.

Woo!

Attachments

The winner is @morsk with his still totally incorrect guess of 49 cuts. The actual total was 57.

I am somewhat pleased that my ninja-esque editing skills have resulted in such smooth transitions mind. For the doubting Thomases, please see the attached image.

@morsk - PM me your full name and shipping details along with an email and size please for AKU's distributor.

Woo!
Yaaaaaaaay!

Although, also, damnit. Just had my Matterhorns resoled. Well they will do for Winter exercises.

I would like to thank My mum, my dog, my wife for her support throughout this nerve wracking time.......

Thanks @MrBane I will send you that pm