AK47 Found In Manchester Search

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by still21inmymind, Aug 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm suprised that they've only found 1!
  2. Borked link mate.
  3. An AK found in Longsight? erm and this would be abnormal in longsight because??
  4. Now I'm intrigued, even Mr Google has never heard of an Urwin Dale pistol. Any gun anoraks in the house??
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That actually looks more like a VZ85, a Czech weapon classed as similar in shape and calibre as the AK family but the similarity legally ends there. These are available in Canada as not prohibited unlike the AK family!
    JG Sales
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Could mean this:auctions
  7. The "Urwin Dale" pistol might be a misspell for "IrwinDale" (one word), who seem to make pistols.

Edit: Ugly beat me to it, from the same link that I'd found it.
  8. Ugly & Stooge, thanks for the education.

Mr Deputy, luckily our house has only been shot at once, maybe twice, but I suspect this is a local scrote with an air rifle, as there is a noteworthy lack of blood and other fleshy bits on the decor.
  9. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Got to love Longshite.

Also, can someone confirm this for me:

Now I've only blatted off a grand total of 4 rounds from a 47 before now, but I was under the distinct impression if was gash beyond about 200 yards.
  10. The rounds will easily travel that far, but at that range you'd be bloody unlucky to be hit by anyone that was aiming at you.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Plus the factory ammo is appalling underpowered for what can be eked out of that case. I get another 1000fps with my handloads but that still only makes 1750 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle!
  12. If my exe is to be believed, PIRA were handing them out, in Moss Side and for free. Think she lived there some time in the late 80s.
  13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

That's pretty much what I figured, cheers.