AK47 Found In Manchester Search

#1
#4
An AK found in Longsight? erm and this would be abnormal in longsight because??
 
#6
Now I'm intrigued, even Mr Google has never heard of an Urwin Dale pistol. Any gun anoraks in the house??
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#7
That actually looks more like a VZ85, a Czech weapon classed as similar in shape and calibre as the AK family but the similarity legally ends there. These are available in Canada as not prohibited unlike the AK family!
JG Sales
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#8
still21inmymind said:
Now I'm intrigued, even Mr Google has never heard of an Urwin Dale pistol. Any gun anoraks in the house??
Could mean this:auctions
 
#9
The "Urwin Dale" pistol might be a misspell for "IrwinDale" (one word), who seem to make pistols.

Edit: Ugly beat me to it, from the same link that I'd found it.
 
#10
Ugly & Stooge, thanks for the education.

Mr Deputy, luckily our house has only been shot at once, maybe twice, but I suspect this is a local scrote with an air rifle, as there is a noteworthy lack of blood and other fleshy bits on the decor.
 
#11
Got to love Longshite.

Also, can someone confirm this for me:

The AK-47 is the world's most prolific combat weapon. It fires more than 600 rounds a minute up to a range of around 1,000 metres.
Now I've only blatted off a grand total of 4 rounds from a 47 before now, but I was under the distinct impression if was gash beyond about 200 yards.
 
#12
BrunoNoMedals said:
Got to love Longshite.

Also, can someone confirm this for me:

The AK-47 is the world's most prolific combat weapon. It fires more than 600 rounds a minute up to a range of around 1,000 metres.
Now I've only blatted off a grand total of 4 rounds from a 47 before now, but I was under the distinct impression if was gash beyond about 200 yards.
The rounds will easily travel that far, but at that range you'd be bloody unlucky to be hit by anyone that was aiming at you.
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#13
Plus the factory ammo is appalling underpowered for what can be eked out of that case. I get another 1000fps with my handloads but that still only makes 1750 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle!
 
#14
Mr_Deputy said:
sis used to live there and ran a nightclub with some friends once a month - after 4 years the Moss Side tw4ts came down with guns and wanted to deal drugs from inside or be given a protection fee. I was there the night they came down. They came once, spoke via the doorstaff and made their deal...then came back an hour or two later to show some guns off to ensure their part of their proposal was taken seriously.
the guys carried on with the club and kept them out but it was only a matter of time things got too stressful; -I think they finally closed about a year later. The record label and record shop still lives on tho.
Around this time one or more door staff were shot at other nightclubs.

Plenty of shooters in Manc.
If my exe is to be believed, PIRA were handing them out, in Moss Side and for free. Think she lived there some time in the late 80s.
 
#15
brewmeister said:
BrunoNoMedals said:
Got to love Longshite.

Also, can someone confirm this for me:

The AK-47 is the world's most prolific combat weapon. It fires more than 600 rounds a minute up to a range of around 1,000 metres.
Now I've only blatted off a grand total of 4 rounds from a 47 before now, but I was under the distinct impression if was gash beyond about 200 yards.
The rounds will easily travel that far, but at that range you'd be bloody unlucky to be hit by anyone that was aiming at you.
That's pretty much what I figured, cheers.
 
#16
Put into Youtube "AK47 Toxteth" and it shows some kid firing one in Toxteth. They are around and probably not that hard to get hold of.
 
#18
I've spent a fair bit of time in Longsight, visiting mates who study in Manchester.
It isn't the most pleasant place to walk through of an evening.
 
#19
You can get an AK47 in every city in the country. But for the more street cred would you like a Mac 10 or maybe a 9 milly? F*ck that's not news, waste of paper on that article.
 
#20
boobs said:
You can get an AK47 in every city in the country. But for the more street cred would you like a Mac 10 or maybe a 9 milly? F*ck that's not news, waste of paper on that article.
The AK is not exactly concealable when out and about even in a car, so prob not that popular with upper level scum (hence Mac 10 etc in vogue), but good fun and training weapon for the lower level scum (kids)?
 

Similar threads

Top