AK fans Video of the new AK-12 rifle!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by montucky, Feb 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sure hope Saiga exports a few to the states!

"

2. H3

H3 LE

Nothing seen ...... Out !!

3. The news reporter girl would get it...several times!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice comparison with a manky old M16A1 instead of a newer one...

• Like Like x 1
  5. click on the mark that looks like this .. "

• Like Like x 1
  6. I thought it was funny too! He just taps the forward assist. "SPORTS" is far too complicated for a Russian. Nice old A1 they had there. Wonder who they killed to get it.

7. Wow! An old M16A1! I haven't seen one of those since my national service days during the Cold War! What was the firer trying to do when he gave two feeble taps on the forward assist? Maybe he got an old round which had the bad powder stuck in the chamber that fouled the weapon. (Said to be a common cause of stoppages in the early days of the Vietnam War). He'll have to break it down to get it out.

As for the new Kalishnikov, I don't see any significant improvement in it. (Seems to have discarded the wooden furniture tho' and it seems to have changed its flash hider) I would like to see one in person to get an eyeball on it.

If the Russkies like the old school rifles, they would like this one which is in the Vietnam War gallery at the National Museum of the Air Force. Yawn.

M16 Rifle Museum.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Could they get it to smoke anymore?!!

9. Bakelite furniture, nice!!

10. That's the Air Force for you - nothing but the best for their Air Police. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

GRP, please !

12. Actually, thinking about the M16 section of the vid, looks like it performed perfectly - one round in mag, fires, ejects and holds open as Eugene Stoner intended!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Will they extend a credit line to the Met Police for summer 2012??

• Like Like x 1