AK-47 factory tour from the Telegraph

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hmmmmmm........ I wonder if I can wrangle a visit from ARRSE for an article........ :D

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I also note the usual journo' standard cock-up...

"AK-47 style assault rifle made by the Arsenal armaments factory."

View attachment 394893

I'm going to take a wild civvy guess that this is some sort of sniper variant and in no way going to be an assault rifle, even if the operator chucks a banana mag on it...?!!

Edited add: nope; apparently it is a hunting rifle.

7.62x39 mm SLRs - Arsenal JSCo. - Bulgarian manufacturer of weapons and ammunition since 1878
Looks to be a standard-length barrel. The differences are the muzzle compensator, short mag and telescopic sight.

I also note the usual journo' standard cock-up...

"AK-47 style assault rifle made by the Arsenal armaments factory."

View attachment 394893

I'm going to take a wild civvy guess that this is some sort of sniper variant and in no way going to be an assault rifle, even if the operator chucks a banana mag on it...?!!

Edited add: nope; apparently it is a hunting rifle.

7.62x39 mm SLRs - Arsenal JSCo. - Bulgarian manufacturer of weapons and ammunition since 1878
Was just going to give you a link. Mate goes shooting out there, they flog them and keep them in country. Meh....

I'm sorry, but that was a Grauniad article, not a Torygraph one. I feel conned, conned I tell you. Obviously written by a lentil-eating, sandal-wearing tree hugging hippy never held a weapon in its life vegan numpty, not one that actually writes for the Daily Telegraph.