AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
US Bradley replacement bidders are due to present their offerings imminently. Hanwha Redback & KF41 Lynx off the back of the Oz programme being put forward. GD and BAE yet to disclose what they’re putting forward.

After the steady stream of negative publicity surrounding AJAX, I can’t see GD offering an ASCOD variant unless they rebrand it to make it look like something different/new. The reputational damage surrounding AJAX and atrocious quality control must raise eyebrows at the US DOD. I would put money on zee-Germans or Koreans winning.

BAE offering details here

Bradley based?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Oh my! It really was a medium tank by the back door.

While we’re on a Bradley tangent, this amuses me for some reason:

TamH70

MIA
Christ…! Not exactly svelte at 63 odd tonnes is it!

It would have ended up even heavier than that. There is a reason why another forum I used to frequent a while back called the thing the "AmeriMaus".
I may have mentioned that before here but it's still relevant.

It would have ended up even heavier than that. There is a reason why another forum I used to frequent a while back called the thing the "AmeriMaus".
I may have mentioned that before here but it's still relevant.
Namer kicks in at 60 tons whilst all the other IDF tank based APCs are around 50 tons. The Russian versions are reported to be about the 50 ton mark.

As someone already said. If you decide that your infantry, who follow the MBTs around to provide their part of the Combined Arms world, need to be as protected as said MBTs, then the weight goes up...

Cyberhacker

War Hero
The army then wrote the requirements, bids were solicited, and TAPV came out as the vehicle which best met the requirements. Where things appear to have gone wrong was in the requirements.
And that never happens here... ;-)

They may have known exactly what they were doing and got exactly what they asked for.
Usually there are several iterations of the Requirements, and what you get is a combination - contradictions and all.

Rather, the problem may be more along the lines of what they wanted wasn't what they needed.
Bingo!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Actually nobody offering any details whatsoever let alone 'new' details.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
It’s coming, just you watch!

D511E9BA-19E2-47E9-8FA6-0366AE80B9D3.jpeg

Latest Threads