AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There’s a reason he is the only source of the report, it’s influence, who benefits from this? Who benefits from AJAX failing? Who has an axe to grind?

Is it those that think Warrior CSP should have been carried out?
Is it those that think more boxer?
You know no better than anyone else outside the programme, by your own admission, and yet you go on to assume that the reason for the leak is conspiratorial in nature.

It could also be that someone with access to information is seriously worried about AJAX, just how bad it really is, and continues to be, and sees that the only way to address things is whistle-blow.

Tusa isn't always everyone's cup of tea, including mine, but he did us well in front of the Defence Select Committee.

Last edited:
You know no better than anyone else outside the programme, by your own admission, and yet you go on to assume that the reason for the leak is conspiratorial in nature.

It could also be that someone with access to information is seriously worried about AJAX, just how bad it really is, and continues to be, and sees that the only way to address things is whistle-blow.

Tusa isn't always everyone's cup of tea, including mine, but he did us well in front of the Defence Select Committee.
If some is leaking classified information for political gain that’s a bigger issue.

aye, but it would mask the beauty of the beasts barrel full of spanner’s native soundtrack.

Earmuffs on!

Sound level is kind of difficult to measure through a video unless there are other sounds in the same video to compare it to. In the first scene, I think you can hear camera shutter noise over the vehicle, which suggests it’s not as loud as you might think.

It was just as ear splittingly noisy on its day out to the beach for wading trials.
That might tend to suggest its not a simple track tensioning issue.
You’re probably right. It doesn’t help that GD was forced to single source the tracks from Cooks - all in the name of supporting jobs in the north east.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you mean it´s a small factory or it made tiny forklifts? The fact that the building was once a forklift factory is completely irrelevant. Like all armoured vehicle factories, it´s a big shell, with a lot of gantry cranes, a lot of storage space and a paint shop.

View attachment 578938
I’ve been there, it definitely isn’t the Stalingrad Tractor Factory!

Latest Threads