AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

Published by: The Shephard News Team, on 12 January 2022.

MTL Advanced steels itself for UK Boxer contract.
Capture.PNG

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Published by: The Shephard News Team, on 12 January 2022.

MTL Advanced steels itself for UK Boxer contract.
View attachment 631553
Unthinking photoshop of the red crosses onto an existing raised roof image or is it planned to arm ambulances?

I thought that was a no no along with hospital ships - on the other hand things Afghan experience etc may be seen as differrent for Coin ops

Fedaykin

War Hero
Unthinking photoshop of the red crosses onto an existing raised roof image or is it planned to arm ambulances?

I thought that was a no no along with hospital ships - on the other hand things Afghan experience etc may be seen as differrent for Coin ops
You underestimate the permanent healing power of .50BMG!

riksavage

War Hero
RUSI has just released a paper on AJAX. Accountability and tracking down past and present stakeholders considered vital in understanding why the programme turned into a slow motion car crash.

You can download a PDF version.

Final paragraph in the Exec summary:

“Many defence budgets overrun their schedules and budgets, and do not fulfil all their requirements. However, it is rare for an order to go into production that is fundamentally unsafe for its crews and simply not fit for purpose.”

Last edited:

theinventor

War Hero
Key point towards the end:
Seeking and specifying individuals to be blamed also implies that, if only
different (and ‘better’) people had been involved, an improved outcome
would have been reached. This suggests, in turn, that those appointing those
individuals carry significant responsibility, since they clearly exercised poor
judgment
..and we're back to the Changing the Army thread. Good luck with that...

RUSI has just released a paper on AJAX. Accountability and tracking down past and present stakeholders considered vital in understanding why the programme turned into a slow motion car crash.

“Many defence budgets overrun their schedules and budgets, and do not fulfil all their requirements. However, it is rare for an order to go into production that is fundamentally unsafe for its crews and simply not fit for purpose.”

Very worth reading.
I really did not learn anything new, that I did not already know from reading this thread.

Within a 21 page report, I am surprised that only one paragraph on page 15, mentions the policy of "Anything but BAES", and attempts to dismiss it as being "understandable" ?!

Sorry . . . that is simply BOLLOCKS !!

Similarly, in concluding (pages 20 and 21), the author tries to justify an opinion (his), that in attempting to identify with whom responsibility lies for the succession of incompetent mistakes . . . in plain English, who to blame for all the cock-ups . . . as it will make it difficult to discover the truth.

Again, I despair. The author seems to have a strange idea of the purpose of the SoS's investigation, how and why it will be conducted :( .

Last edited:

LD17

MIA
That is far too close to reality, to be comfortable :( .
I have a cunning plan…….. how about putting a one Armd Bde in Poland and one Armd Bde on SPTA AND they can rotate personnel ……I mean Germany isn’t letting the Crabs overfly them, whose to say when push comes to shove and Vlad threatens to turn off the gas, the Boxheads won’t say “Nein” when the troops show up to get their Panzers?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
And might I point out what an excellent thread it is, too. The OP is a fabulous individual.
And modest to a fault.

I see the BOXER in the article is actually in '******* massive and vulnerable pantechnicon' configuration?

I think the only thing that’s keeping AJAX going at the moment is that the Army literally has no “plan B”.

I think the only thing that’s keeping AJAX going at the moment is that the Army literally has no “plan B”.
Take a deep breath, and dust-off the Warrior upgrade.

Warrior  with CT40 turret.jpg

The RUSI article, does say the AJAX turrets (manufactured by GDUK's competitor), were designed and manufactured by LMUK as part of their contract to upgrade WARRIOR !!
Warrior  x 8 with CT40 turret.jpg

Last edited:
jackal (6x6 version) has an elevarting mast - either intended for or actually employed in Mali - So its already moved ahead of Ajax as plan B

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Did anyone else read that and get a distinct feeling of inevitability?

Latest Threads