AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

Lockheed M is a different fish from BAE. Their legal team is probably the best on the planet. Although your point is a fair one. Planes falling out of the sky is never a good thing compared to a noisy AFV.
Isn’t it GD with the noisy AFV?
LM had their prime AFV contract (Warrior) cut in the review.

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs
Isn’t it GD with the noisy AFV?
LM had their prime AFV contract (Warrior) cut in the review.
I am sure they will be sufficiently compensated. Besides the turrets have arrived in Merthyr, if they will get put on the body is another matter. We have a history of taking items into service and working with them till they become adequate.

I am sure they will be sufficiently compensated. Besides the turrets have arrived in Merthyr, if they will get put on the body is another matter. We have a history of taking items into service and working with them till they become adequate.
And the canons but some incredible news all of the canon have been delivered, all 515 seven months ahead of schedule.

But, there is always a down side, now we have canned Warrior that is 270 surplus to requirement.

And the canons but some incredible news all of the canon have been delivered, all 515 seven months ahead of schedule.

But, there is always a down side, now we have canned Warrior that is 270 surplus to requirement.

No worries this time next year it will be 515 surpluss to requirements

Unless someones shoe horning it into scimitar

TamH70

MIA

515 canons?

Santa Christ must have been happy with the Left-Footers this year.

Stick the Warrior canons/turret in BOXER.

Did we ever adapt Warrior turrets to take the new guns (avoiding cannons to annoy the spelling Nazis) and has anyone looked at the feasibility?
Yes:
Warrior-CSP.jpg

And like this?
Boxer%2Bwith%2BLM%2Bturret%2Bderived%2Bfrom%2BWarrior%252C%2Bplus%2BJavelin.jpg%5B

or (slightly more photoshopped)
143473_tmb_88835652_Eg191U4WkAEo0SY.jpg

Yes:
Warrior-CSP.jpg

And like this?
Boxer%2Bwith%2BLM%2Bturret%2Bderived%2Bfrom%2BWarrior%252C%2Bplus%2BJavelin.jpg%5B

or (slightly more photoshopped)
143473_tmb_88835652_Eg191U4WkAEo0SY.jpg
OK so one warrior with the new set up? Or was the whole fleet upgraded?

Nice Boxer pictures but will the new cannon fit and have we ordered any with turrets?

I think the reality is we just have a large pile of surplus cannons.

A few prototypes - but the modification was ready to go - only killed by "we need to ditch something and Ajax shiny"
Nice Boxer pictures but will the new cannon fit and have we ordered any with turrets?
No and if we stick an IFV turret on boxer it has to be unmanned - so neither the Ajax nor Warrior turret would work ( turret ring / other integration issues aside)

Ok for the pedants I conceede it doesnt have to be unmanned we could have a crewed turret and 4 dismounts - but Im thinking thats not a compromise anyone really fancies

That is the reality but only due to a chronically shortsighted decision to ditch warrior

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

There were a small number of trials and development Warriors with the new turret were produced, there were a lot of teething problems, mainly due to ignoring the manufacturers of the gun and bringing in somebody else (the feed mechanism), the chaps at Meggit and LM eventuly managed to solve them and the vehicle was ready to go into production.

The Turret on the Boxer in those pics is also by LM and is an evolution of the same turret being used on Warrior

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A few prototypes - but the modification was ready to go - only killed by "we need to ditch something and Ajax shiny"

No and if we stick an IFV turret on boxer it has to be unmanned - so neither the Ajax nor Warrior turret would work ( turret ring / other integration issues aside)

Ok for the pedants I conceede it doesnt have to be unmanned we could have a crewed turret and 4 dismounts - but Im thinking thats not a compromise anyone really fancies

That is the reality but only due to a chronically shortsighted decision to ditch warrior

Minor correction, if you want to carry sufficient pax in the back of Boxer the turret needs to unmanned, the LM turret for Warrior and Boxer is an evolution of the RBSL Lance Turret which was developed for Boxer

Minor correction, if you want to carry sufficient pax in the back of Boxer the turret needs to unmanned, the LM turret for Warrior and Boxer is an evolution of the RBSL Lance Turret which was developed for Boxer
I thought thats what I said - if it isnt it should have been.

Ajax turret would have a ring issue - a legacy of the Direct fire requirement

Edit ah - I think I see the confusion - I meant warrior turret (and Ajax for that matter) wouldnt work because its manned - poor wording and sentance structure on my part.

Last edited:

45x45

On ROPS
On ROPs

What will they do with them? Perhaps they should have done a yank and dumped them in Afgan.

Apparently Nexter have an unmanned CT40 turret which will fit BOXER.

Latest Threads