AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I've seen that pic somewhere as well . No good asking me where though .
ETA
Just seen @Bubbles_Barker 's post
Looks quite useful although having a big hole in the front is 'interesting':

aGV_Ick_dI2PKbA65PqZfqP3kEe9doXUFeD2oS3SQg90Tl7zJSfQ9OXOw5iq3QQTqDN9Hq5MGilk8H1kM69JkKC1QAcPHaNWw-xqYvM3VmLN5KRIhKRW66XZGA

Londo

LE
Competent but not necessarily again the peer threat
Give the turret crew a Javelin launcher to play with and a few reloads in the back in place of one of the dismounts .
Instant and cheapish upgrade .

Yes, of course there's a difference between internal and external noise. But go and watch some of the videos of Ajax that don't have a thumping soundtrack superimposed. Tell me you're not concerned.
I’m not that concerned be video, to be honest, since I’m aware how unrepresentative of reality most video audio is and most videos don’t have a competing noise source for comparison.

There’s footage of Ajax leaving a garage where you can hear shutter noise from the nearby media cameras over the noise of the engine in a building.

First 10s

Seems reasonably quiet here:

Very quiet here:

;)

I’m not that concerned be video, to be honest, since I’m aware how unrepresentative of reality most video audio is and most videos don’t have a competing noise source for comparison.

There’s footage of Ajax leaving a garage where you can hear shutter noise from the nearby media cameras over the noise of the engine in a building.

First 10s

Seems reasonably quiet here:

Very quiet here:

;)
In that first video you think that’s a reasonable amount of noise, well in a forest that clanking noise, which are the tracks I assume. It make’s enough noise to awake the dead!

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
And keep it small.

Embed DSTL to deliver the OA,

Tricky these days - twenty years of telling people "don't spend too long looking at boring land stuff, nobody cares about that" and career-fouling folk for concentrating on technical expertise, has left a bit of a mark. There are still good people, but the numbers of experienced folk are worryingly small and shrinking.

Tricky these days - twenty years of telling people "don't spend too long looking at boring land stuff, nobody cares about that" and career-fouling folk for concentrating on technical expertise, has left a bit of a mark. There are still good people, but the numbers of experienced folk are worryingly small and shrinking.
And trust me, its now being felt.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
A "March approach screen" like on CVR(W)
Would stop any draughts (alledgedly).
Never did work out where to stow that absolutely pointless piece of crap.
I think the drivers’ screen on CVRT stopped drivers freezing to death in Norway too. My point was more along the principle of armour design that says ‘don’t make any more holes than you need to’ - in particular on the frontal arc…

I think the drivers’ screen on CVRT stopped drivers freezing to death in Norway too. My point was more along the principle of armour design that says ‘don’t make any more holes than you need to’ - in particular on the frontal arc…
Never even saw one on Scorpions, wasn’t even part of the vehicle kit. I suspect wasn’t issued unless needed.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Never even saw one on Scorpions, wasn’t even part of the vehicle kit. I suspect wasn’t issued unless needed.
Needed for the Scimitars in Norway for the AMF(L) Recce Tp, 16/5L as I recall.

We lost one in 1990 I think, and the driver only got out because his screen was broken.

Latest Threads