AJAX - the ‘NOT the CR2 upgrade’ thread

I don’t think it’s that telling. There’s been a lot of crap spouted about what AJAX can and can’t do and that photo is from a rolling slideshow of capability video. The best way to refute rumour is to provide irrefutable proof…

Clearly youre unfamiliar with faceache and twatter

Irrefutable evidence = proof of the conspiracy because ...

only something faked could be that specific

If it was true you wouldnt bother proving it ( Perhaps unsuprisingly if you dont provide irrefutable evidence its proof of the conspiracy because you would do if you could to counter false facts.

I don’t think it’s that telling. There’s been a lot of crap spouted about what AJAX can and can’t do and that photo is from a rolling slideshow of capability video. The best way to refute rumour is to provide irrefutable proof…
You mean the 'rumour' taken from the report written on the basis of the evidence given to them by the Defence Select Committe ?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean the 'rumour' taken from the report written on the basis of the evidence given to them by the Defence Select Committe ?
There’s a lot of rumour and vested interest here, for the Government, especially the half wits on the Select Committee and the patsies places in front of them. It’s a fact that it can climb the required step in reverse, GD would be daft to claim it at the world’s biggest international arms fair if it wasn’t true.

There will be vanishingly few folks on here that are privy to what the truth is with AJAX and the media will simply print rumours as if they are fact, quoting ‘sources’ - it’s what they do.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of rumour and vested interest here, for the Government, especially the half wits on the Select Committee and the patsies places in front of them. It’s a fact that it can climb the required step in reverse, GD would be daft to clam it at the world’s biggest international arms fair if it wasn’t true.

There will be vanishingly few folks on here that are privy to what the truth is with AJAX and the media will simply print rumours as if they are fact, quoting ‘sources’ - it’s what they do.
So you're doubling down on calling the Defence Select committee & the people who gave evidence liars. ?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
So you're doubling down on calling the Defence Select committee & the people who gave evidence liars. ?
I’m not calling them liars, pretty sure I never said that at all. Just extremely low levels of knowledge and questioning eliciting low levels of response.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Clearly youre unfamiliar with faceache and twatter

Irrefutable evidence = proof of the conspiracy because ...

only something faked could be that specific

If it was true you wouldnt bother proving it ( Perhaps unsuprisingly if you dont provide irrefutable evidence its proof of the conspiracy because you would do if you could to counter false facts.
In this case all I’m familiar with is the fact that it meets the climbing a step in reverse requirement.

In this case all I’m familiar with is the fact that it meets the climbing a step in reverse requirement.
There was a limitation on reversing over steps mentioned at one point. Apparently it’s now fixed, which is is probably worth addressing.

How severe the problem behind the original limitation was we don’t know. Sometimes limitations can be implemented until further testing proves it isn’t a problem or a fix is introduced.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
There was a limitation on reversing over steps mentioned at one point. Apparently it’s now fixed, which is is probably worth addressing.

How severe the problem behind the original limitation was we don’t know. Sometimes limitations can be implemented until further testing proves it isn’t a problem or a fix is introduced.
Ah yes. I’m aware of that - this was more about correcting the comment made earlier by someone that this was still a problem.

JCC

LE
"The £5.5bn procurement of the problem-riddled Ajax light tank for the British army is to be the subject of a full value for money audit by the public spending watchdog.
The National Audit Office will probe four armoured vehicle programmes - including the Ajax project - and said it would look at “systemic issues” in management at the Ministry of Defence.
The company said last month that all six variants are in full production and that 116 vehicles had been built and either delivered or in the process of being handed over."

"The £5.5bn procurement of the problem-riddled Ajax light tank for the British army is to be the subject of a full value for money audit by the public spending watchdog.
The National Audit Office will probe four armoured vehicle programmes - including the Ajax project - and said it would look at “systemic issues” in management at the Ministry of Defence.
The company said last month that all six variants are in full production and that 116 vehicles had been built and either delivered or in the process of being handed over."

. . . Yet more than a decade after the Ministry of Defence signed a contract with US defence contractor General Dynamics for a family of 589 vehicles, the procurement minister Jeremy Quin has admitted that the programme may be in doubt . . .

Quin told MPs last month: “I’ve said before I cannot 100% promise to this House that we will find a resolution to these issues, but we are determined to work through with GD.”

Why, just why? Cut the contract, pay the penalty, and reassess what the BA is for and what it needs to meet those objectives. What is the current, or proposed, BA going to contribute to AUKAS?

IDK but this whole habit of dropping everything to run after the flavour of the month has been poison to the army and is the absolute opposite of strategy. It strikes me as obvious that the army doesn't have much if any business getting involved with naval nuclear reactors, and desperately trying to wish staff officers on the project in the hope some budget will get stuck on their whiskers is sad and pathetic.

Why, just why? Cut the contract, pay the penalty, and reassess what the BA is for and what it needs to meet those objectives. What is the current, or proposed, BA going to contribute to AUKAS?
At the very least can I suggest that the reassessment happens first? If it were possible to look any more stupid scrapping something that you later decide you need would be a good start.

JCC

LE
At the very least can I suggest that the reassessment happens first? If it were possible to look any more stupid scrapping something that you later decide you need would be a good start.

Fair point but if it's a choice between looking even more stupid and continuing with something GD will not utterly guarantee delivery, cost and functionality by year end then I'd go with stupid.

Fair point but if it's a choice between looking even more stupid and continuing with something GD will not utterly guarantee delivery, cost and functionality by year end then I'd go with stupid.
You’d cut your nose off to spite your face?
Think before acting is usually considered good advice.

TamH70

MIA
You’d cut your nose off to spite your face?
Think before acting is usually considered good advice.

I think we've spent enough thinking time on British!Maus and it's time to get rid. The AJAX programme has been a rank, arrant, and utter failure. We've spent billions on it and got a vehicle that deafens our soldiers, gives them vibration injuries, and is the size of a Barratt Homes house mit attic.

Besides, cutting off the nose means you might get a new custom made one that might look better than your current hooter and work better too...

I think we've spent enough thinking time on British!Maus and it's time to get rid. The AJAX programme has been a rank, arrant, and utter failure. We've spent billions on it and got a vehicle that deafens our soldiers, gives them vibration injuries, and is the size of a Barratt Homes house mit attic.

If you can’t be bothered keeping up with the events, why comment?

Besides, cutting off the nose means you might get a new custom made one that might look better than your current hooter and work better too...
But you’re more likely to end up walking around with no nose.

LD17

MIA
We need something to fill an AJAX-sized hole, for sure. The question remains as to whether it's AJAX.

Again, economy of scale and now don’t have to worry about any dodgy Spaniards assembling anything…… ; )

Latest Threads