8CBF64B3-8032-4507-8C09-4254010D057C.jpeg
1A8F72B5-E102-4FB0-8E5F-99573FB70EBF.jpeg
122B6BEC-BF1C-48FA-8306-682DEF642A3F.jpeg
F3CD3022-4E9B-428D-A805-1F8E747BDC8F.jpeg
BCC23E5A-21E3-48C8-AF59-EA13911BA2CC.jpeg
8974B950-6CC2-4353-88D0-EC7C5919E26F.jpeg

riksavage

War Hero
Ask the Aussies if they’d give us a couple for trials, independent suspension, rubber tracks, brilliant. According to the blurb, you can hold a conversation with others in the back!
Ive often wondered why rubber tracks haven’t been used up to now!
Only if we can paint them red and call them ‘Boris buses’ , they’re after all the same size as the current double deckers purchased on Mayor Boris’s watch.

Last edited:

Two things strike me here...

1: That Ajax, they've changed the turret. Hull and turret are different shades, the Turret has different optics layout to the previous versions etc. In fact the hull I'm going to theorise, is actually one of their demonstrator/prototype hulls with a production turret wanged on top.

2: If you're back there today can you please go ask the GD stand how they re-load the Overwatch? It's bugging me, no one knows and GD don't seem to be saying anything (which leads me to thinking they've not though it through.)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

1: That Ajax, they've changed the turret. Hull and turret are different shades, the Turret has different optics layout to the previous versions etc. In fact the hull I'm going to theorise, is actually one of their demonstrator/prototype hulls with a production turret wanged on top.

2: If you're back there today can you please go ask the GD stand how they re-load the Overwatch? It's bugging me, no one knows and GD don't seem to be saying anything (which leads me to thinking they've not though it through.)
Wasn't it @Bubbles_Barker that shared the Boxer vertical launch solution?

Last edited:

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

I’m not there today. TBH it looks like a tin box welded on top with a dummy missile.

I did ask about reloading but nobody could hear me.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

@Listy - No two shades of green - just the camera angle I think.

55827711-3ADD-4632-924D-F620D75F8222.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to DSEi today (should of been Weds but thats another story). Really it was a recce for our company for next year at Millbrook or next DESi London. But it gave me a day our looking over stuff on company time so cant complain.
So takeaways....
1. If your stand does not have some form of automonous load carrier then "your not coming in!". They were everywhere and for me jury is still out. Especially when you ask questions that result in a "its just a concept" and "we will adapt to the users needs" which it just shows its something nice to play on some mil training area.
2. FN's new Light Machine Gun is seriously light but i doubt we will see anything like it (£££).
3. QinetiQ's weird rain mac cape thing reminded me of old style crisp packet waterproofs.
4. Everything that is "electric" loses majority of its load space or most likely gives it weight limitations. Having experience of this from products we make we are a long way from similar range and carrying capabilty of present fossil fueled vehicles, but we know that anyway.
5. CV90 does look good. AJAX looks like it was built clean but then bits and bobs were just added with no thought.
6. The Patria 8x8 thing has quite low ground clearance. I think a 6t SV MAN truck probably has better. Very basic design really, not excited.
7. BOXER is big...too big and its Transformer Optimus Prime big with a bloody bridge on it. I kind of get BOXER but not sure its very usable in certain environments.
Couple of pix with some ref comments above..
IMG_1489.jpg

CV90 with its less-chip shop SPIKE launcher which has been fired and works.
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 18.24.48.png

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 18.28.20.png

Sent Master CH this pic as he is waiting for Warrior track at his place for months!
IMG_1516.jpg

SV 6t with electric hybrid drive. Lots and lots of batteries on both sides but early days.
IMG_1533.jpg

This caught my eye. Having been involved with a these things when they were at the end of their Service lives, we were told they were going to a museum or land-fill........it seems they were bought and refurbished. Suprising as I was told by those that used them, they were horrible to be in and they were glad to get off them and into their little canoes or re-breathers!
IMG_1542.jpg

Latest Threads