Airtech pilots?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Armymonster, May 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i was wondering if an airtech can become a pilot?

2. Lots of them.......

3. Only when no-one is looking. :)

4. One on an AH course now.

5. Of course, you'll be regarded as a traitor.

6. But think of the Flying pay............... :wink: :wink:

7. and the ability to fix your own cab

8. I feel a bit of sympathy for our techies as they were completely shafted with pay 2000 and cannot blame any of them for wishing to get their wings.

9. Mutters, you speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth........in this case anyway. As to fixing their own cabs................................hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ect, ect so on and so forth.

10. If you are in a Tech trade it's best to wait until you reach Artificer to keep your options open (unless you're a crap tech of course). The needs of the AAC are usually greater than the needs of the REME, so once you read AGAI's and put your papers in, it usually won't get blocked. That said, watch out for Orderly rom full screws "losing" the application, or spineless OC's "filing" it so they don't lose a good tradesman.

I found the most obvious advantage of transitioning to REME Pilot was that I could be hated equally by Bats and Squawks alike, whilst carrying my flying pay past the uckers board in a wheel barrow, on my way to shag another busload of Nurses from Rinteln.

11. Birds & Turds Fly by Day
    Bats & Twats by night.
    Trad. REME. Annon.
    john
    Still they deserve their sack of Gold.
    New too many who never came back.