Airspeed AS.51 Horsa (7) (Custom).jpg

Airspeed AS.51 Horsa (8) (Custom).jpg

Airspeed AS.51 Horsa (9) (Custom).jpg

Airspeed AS.51 Horsa (10) (Custom).jpg

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I had a fuz section just for'd of the main spar. :rolleyes:

I bought it from a chap on the south coast late 90's. A friend called Lofty Tolhurst borrowed it and had it trailered to Boxted airfield for a do. A load of para vets had their photos taken with it. They had a great time. Just wish I could find the pics.

After that, much against Lofty's advice, I donated it to the De Havilland museum. They left it outside and it rotted away and was finally burnt. Lofty always wanted to do a recovery raid to get it back, I should have lent it to the museum rather than donate it, that way I could have got it back. What a waste.

I bought it from a chap on the south coast late 90's. A friend called Lofty Tolhurst borrowed it and had it trailered to Boxted airfield for a do. A load of para vets had their photos taken with it. They had a great time. Just wish I could find the pics.

After that, much against Lofty's advice, I donated it to the De Havilland museum. They left it outside and it rotted away and was finally burnt. Lofty always wanted to do a recovery raid to get it back, I should have lent it to the museum rather than donate it, that way I could have got it back. What a waste.
So a priceless artifact was destroyed........ All your fault :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I hold my hand up to that one. It was the wrong call. But when you donate to a museum you expect them to look after it. Will never do that again. The De Havilland museum let me down big time. :mad:

It's a long time ago. I never did receive any apology for what they did to it. Still makes me angry thinking about it. Give the Mossi a damn good kicking. That'll teach them! :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
old_bloke Aviation 23
Grownup_Rafbrat Charity Auctions 64

Latest Threads