Airsofters Critique of the TA...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by matt_duran, Mar 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

I doubt anyone will bother to reply.

msr

2. At least the attendance record is better with the Airsofter's than TA, and they don't do it just for a bounty :D :D :D

3. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Hang on, you could be on to something here! Do you reckon they could be roped into the Government's new Home Security revamp under some kind of CCRF role? :D

We could get Ray Net to replace 2 NC Sig Bde while we're at it! (just joking Polar :wink: )

4. Nope plenty of replies, one from some toilet at "ITC catterick" says he wouldn't go to war with STAB crock of sh+t training he's better now he's in real training PMSL

5. Mods are cunts.

6. Airsofter - dresses in DPM, buys weapons and kit, spends fortune, gets reviled by regular soldiers...

Terrier - dresses in DPM, issued weapons and kit, paid well, gets reviled by regular soldiers...

7. Nothing to get outraged about pity wanted another trip on bandwagon
    most posting from ignorance .Wannabes with toy guns (ok very realistic toy guns but still toys)
    Running round woods shooting mates with toy guns fun
    Running round woods shooting mates haveing spent £ and hours getting your operator look just right sad .

And next time your at longmoor clean up afterwards place looks like there has been a cull of bean bags :D

8. Makes you wonder why we bother eh?

9. 3 of the posts were complimentary and one in particular was interesting as it was from the son of a serving TA soldier. We often forget the effects of our service on the family

quote from a Col.Parsons

"Some people" are entitled to their opinion, but for all I care they can go ?!&£ themselves My dad was in the TA for over 17 years, and served as both a driver and pay clerk for the RCT/RLC and AG's. We barely saw him when I was growing up, as he was either at his day job, or at the barracks/camp/exercise!!

In my opinion, the ladies and gents of the TA and reserves do a grand job, especially given the ridiculously small amount of training they're given, and the jobs that are asked of them. Pretty similar situation to the Special Constables (although they're unpaid, which is even worse!)"

10. Just a quick correction...

11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Hmm, maybe someone can post a link to the recent TA citations?

12. a friend of a friend was into all this airsoft shite,

once he showed me a picture of his m4/16 type this with more picatinny rail mounted accessories than you could shake a stick at, it cost him 400 quid without all the picatinny mount accesorries!! oh how i laughed!

he then proceded to start quoting ultimate force, oh how i laughed!

the moral of the story is, airsoft is for walts who can't handle putting a uniform on doing it for real.

13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Think someone beat you to it

[quote name='danny-boy' date='Mar 22 2008, 13:04 PM' post='1147974']
    [quote name='Fletcher' post='1147866' date='Mar 21 2008, 23:31 PM']
    I did the TA and I'm now at ITC Catterick.

shut up nig (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ermm.gif)

for those who don't rate the ta
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4721897.stm
    and thats a blanket stacker hard as nails.
    now theres nothing wrong with playing with toy guns at least its not golf (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
    but if your going to diss real warriors either pick up[ a real gun and stag on
    or shut up

14. ^
    ^
    ^

:twisted: :twisted: Snickers Uncontrollably :twisted: :twisted: