Airsoft Assasination Attempt in the Czech Republic

Got to love the "What on earth are you doing" look on the president's face. I think he'll be looking for some decent bodyguards soon though.

A man armed with a replica pistol has fired at Czech President Vaclav Klaus at close range while he was opening a bridge in the north of the country.
Footage of the incident from Czech television show Mr Klaus recoiling slightly but carrying on with the visit apparently unhurt. He was taken to hospital but suffered only minor bruising.
His security detail has come in for harsh criticism for allowing the man to get so close to Mr Klaus.
Video and more here:

BBC News - Czech President Vaclav Klaus shot at with replica gun

One hell of a way to protest and get your point across though, nobody gets hurt and everybody looks very stupid because of it.

One can only hope the Prime Minister's protection team arrange an inter-force exchange.

One can only hope the Prime Minister's protection team arrange an inter-force exchange.
I for one would gladly see those bodyguards take the place for our politicians.

Wouldn't fancy being an inhabitant of Lidice today.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Now had that been an airsoft SLR...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
....dozens would have died, the bridge he was opening would have been destroyed and they'd still be looking for the President's innards.
At the very least.

BGs were prosecuted by court and found guilty... thrown out of force and some more. Useless overpaid d.cks
They definitely didn't seem to be the kind of people I'd want protecting me, but I'd guess that the reasons for their inaction were probably not criminal.

May I ask what were they charged with? Dereliction of duty, or something similar?