Airport security

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by eodmatt, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Solution: An engineer (ex-NASA project director) has what I think is the near perfect solution for airport security!

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling. This method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift and final.

2. just wondering if you would carry a package through the airport for me if you don't mind

3. If the new machines are as good (durch) at finding bombs as the current ones are at finding liquids and penknives, then I don't think all those naughty terrorists have too much to fear.

4. Like the idea, but would like to know how it would detonate explosives but be harmless to an innocent person?

5. "Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist"

You were on the p1ss last night were you not? :twisted:

But how to detonate the naughty stuff e.g. PE 4. TATB and other insensitive explosives?

6. Anyone else thinking about the Stop n' Drop Suicide Booths from Futurama? :lol: :twisted:

7. Never mind bomb detector, my BS detector is chirping. Any chance to a link to a technical paper or at the least, a media graphic on how this solution will detect and assemble a disassembled bomb before detonating it?

The concept is fine, the realisation ......?

8. Ha ha haa! Love the idea! I'm going to try to patent it!

And if UK wouldn't buy it, I'm sure plenty of countries would...

9. Some decolletage and a short skirt works on me...

10. Perhaps a mobile phone signal, after all petrol stations are in constant danger of erupting into an inferno. I am not an ATO myself but I feel sure that the EMC isues will be accurately described so the layman can understand them.

I am however a sarcastic cnut.

11. You are indeed my friend :twisted: Dobre dan!

12. Not being technologically minded, but, is it possible for an electromagnetic pulse to disable a detonator? If that would do the job, then, I say, put every person (barring those with pacemakers) through these boxes, preferably one at a time.

I still feel that the human rights of the majority should be considered and any terrorists be permitted to detonate their bombs live on TV in a public place (such as the island of Rockall). Just don't let the TV feed be transmitted!

13. 3" thick Armored tube booth open to the sky to let the blast wave escape, Feeds the gulls at the same time

Green party approved

14. I'm not an ATO either, but I'm pretty sure EMP can't disable a fusewire...

15. That might well depend on the intensity of the EMP, after all a lightning strike is also an EMP. I would not want to be near anything that could go bang under such circumstances.