Airport security

Solution: An engineer (ex-NASA project director) has what I think is the near perfect solution for airport security!

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling. This method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift and final.

eodmatt said:
Solution: An engineer (ex-NASA project director) has what I think is the near perfect solution for airport security!

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling. This method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift and final.
just wondering if you would carry a package through the airport for me if you don't mind

If the new machines are as good (durch) at finding bombs as the current ones are at finding liquids and penknives, then I don't think all those naughty terrorists have too much to fear.

eodmatt said:
Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you....
Like the idea, but would like to know how it would detonate explosives but be harmless to an innocent person?

Flying Felix said:
eodmatt said:
Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you....
Like the idea, but would like to know how it would detonate explosives but be harmless to an innocent person?
"Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist"

You were on the p1ss last night were you not? :twisted:

But how to detonate the naughty stuff e.g. PE 4. TATB and other insensitive explosives?

Anyone else thinking about the Stop n' Drop Suicide Booths from Futurama? :lol: :twisted:

Never mind bomb detector, my BS detector is chirping. Any chance to a link to a technical paper or at the least, a media graphic on how this solution will detect and assemble a disassembled bomb before detonating it?

The concept is fine, the realisation ......?

eodmatt said:

Ha ha haa! Love the idea! I'm going to try to patent it!

And if UK wouldn't buy it, I'm sure plenty of countries would...

rickshaw-major said:
But how to detonate the naughty stuff e.g. PE 4. TATB and other insensitive explosives?
Some decolletage and a short skirt works on me...

rickshaw-major said:
Flying Felix said:
eodmatt said:
"Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you and which will contain the blast, fragmentation and pink furry mist"

Perhaps a mobile phone signal, after all petrol stations are in constant danger of erupting into an inferno. I am not an ATO myself but I feel sure that the EMC isues will be accurately described so the layman can understand them.

I am however a sarcastic cnut.

Cuddles said:
rickshaw-major said:
Flying Felix said:
eodmatt said:

Perhaps a mobile phone signal, after all petrol stations are in constant danger of erupting into an inferno. I am not an ATO myself but I feel sure that the EMC isues will be accurately described so the layman can understand them.

I am however a sarcastic cnut.
You are indeed my friend :twisted: Dobre dan!

Not being technologically minded, but, is it possible for an electromagnetic pulse to disable a detonator? If that would do the job, then, I say, put every person (barring those with pacemakers) through these boxes, preferably one at a time.

I still feel that the human rights of the majority should be considered and any terrorists be permitted to detonate their bombs live on TV in a public place (such as the island of Rockall). Just don't let the TV feed be transmitted!

Seadog said:
Never mind bomb detector, my BS detector is chirping. Any chance to a link to a technical paper or at the least, a media graphic on how this solution will detect and assemble a disassembled bomb before detonating it?

The concept is fine, the realisation ......?
3" thick Armored tube booth open to the sky to let the blast wave escape, Feeds the gulls at the same time

Green party approved

DeltaDog said:
CCF_CI said:
Not being technologically minded, but, is it possible for an electromagnetic pulse to disable a detonator?
I'm not an ATO either, but I'm pretty sure EMP can't disable a fusewire...
That might well depend on the intensity of the EMP, after all a lightning strike is also an EMP. I would not want to be near anything that could go bang under such circumstances.

AHEM!!!

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=143234.html

Can't we just walk people one by one through a giant detonator thingy in a reinforced cubicle? Anyone carrying explosives blows up in a nice controlled environment, quick hose down of the walls and hey presto, ready for the next one.

We could even put photos of virgins on the walls if it'd make them feel better!

I do believe I'd already made that suggestion back at the beginning of Feb!!!

Must be true, I read it in the Daily Wail at the weekend I think. Or was that something else about illegal immigrants?

Drlligaf said:
DeltaDog said:
CCF_CI said:
Not being technologically minded, but, is it possible for an electromagnetic pulse to disable a detonator?
That might well depend on the intensity of the EMP, after all a lightning strike is also an EMP. I would not want to be near anything that could go bang under such circumstances.
Just imagine standing there patiently in the queue and the EMP wave's so strong that various "suiciders" around the place all start randomly blowing up.

Is there actually any reliable way of remotely detonating hidden explosive substances, even if they've not been "assembled" yet?

MsG

Bugsy said:
Drlligaf said:
DeltaDog said:
CCF_CI said:
Just imagine standing there patiently in the queue and the EMP wave's so strong that various "suiciders" around the place all start randomly blowing up.

Is there actually any reliable way of remotely detonating hidden explosive substances, even if they've not been "assembled" yet?

MsG
No. EMP could be contained inside the blast chamber but it still wouldn't work as explosives will not function purely on EMP - they need something to provide a detonation wave and we experts call that a detonator. And if the detonator circuit is broken then the detonator will not work because current cannot flow through it.

Plus some fecking do-gooding whinger will start moaning about it. Oh and it will be illegal under EU law - everything else is :evil: