Airport security stepped up (again). New explosive?

I've read a few articles about 'computer and human bombs' and possibly a 'new' explosive been developed.
http://news.sky.com/story/1294520/uk-airport-security-tightened-amid-bomb-fears
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10944978/UK-terror-alert-body-searches-at-British-airports.html

Is it coincidence that recently ISIS have suddenly become a world wide brand, then very quickly then we see this? I'm beginning to wonder there a real threat increase or is there another agenda, Another wee trip to Iraq for the US? Are they making a new bogey man?

How tight can you practically make commercial air security and at what cost in time and money and of course, Where does it stop? Sit down scanners like in US jails for rectal checks, to go with full body scans??

Last edited:
I've read a few articles about 'computer and human bombs' and possibly a 'new' explosive been developed.
http://news.sky.com/story/1294520/uk-airport-security-tightened-amid-bomb-fears
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10944978/UK-terror-alert-body-searches-at-British-airports.html

Is it coincidence that recently ISIS have suddenly become a world wide brand, then very quickly then we see this? I'm beginning to wonder there a real threat increase or is there another agenda, Another wee trip to Iraq for the US? Are they making a new bogey man?

How tight can you practically make commercial air security and at what cost in time and money and of course, Where does it stop? Sit down scanners like in US jails for rectal checks, to go with full body scans??
It's was only a matter of time, along with the technology improvement's that explosive, it's remote & adaptable modification, along with ever increasing desire to conceal and avoid total detection.

The cynic in me says ISIS along with AQ & it's splinter groups will always be stronger teaming up, ISIS realised that they'd done all they could in Syria and Iraq was next on their radar, and testing Iraq's new government & forces has shown how strong ISIS are, whether they be the new bogey man & how long for is down to Iraq's forces to hit them hard, also, I doubt it'll be a repeat of US boots on the ground as too much money & work has gone into training the Iraqi's.

Airport security no matter how tight will have certain weak points & flaws, whether it be within the frontline customer procedure area's or within the staff. "Lone wolf attacks" are a constant fear of authourities.

If they can't track a 777, then what chance do they have of finding little bombs?
It's like fitting a burglar alarm to your house, it doesn't make burglars disappear, it moves them to a less well protected house. In this case for burglars read bomber and house read airport. Governments know the bombers will succeed, they just want someone else's voters to be the victims.

Right from the beginning AQ has had a solid strategy to make the infidel defeat themselves. 9/11 was not about killing New Yorkers, it was about causing the US to over-react. That does two things, firstly it erodes the moral superiority that used to be our most potent weapon against extremism, and secondly it makes us spend an awful lot of money.

So when a bunch of scientifically illiterate cockwombles claim to have perfected technology that has eluded the rest of the planet and which requires the spending of a lot of money to counter - along with even more hassle at airports and intrusive surveillance - I tend to be a bit cynical that they are being entirely truthful.

It's easy to see how security in the UK could be stepped up. In the US, they do everything but strip search you - shoes off, electronics out, body scanners and pat downs for everybody.

Perhaps they perceive a genuine threat and want to make it clear that they tried to prevent it. More likely, there's some high or low level political motive for creating a bit of panic.

wheel

LE
It's like fitting a burglar alarm to your house, it doesn't make burglars disappear, it moves them to a less well protected house. In this case for burglars read bomber and house read airport. Governments know the bombers will succeed, they just want someone else's voters to be the victims.
Like the Old IRA quote After Brighton " You have to be lucky all the time we only have to be lucky once".

ACAB

LE
Right from the beginning AQ has had a solid strategy to make the infidel defeat themselves. 9/11 was not about killing New Yorkers, it was about causing the US to over-react. That does two things, firstly it erodes the moral superiority that used to be our most potent weapon against extremism, and secondly it makes us spend an awful lot of money.

So when a bunch of scientifically illiterate cockwombles claim to have perfected technology that has eluded the rest of the planet and which requires the spending of a lot of money to counter - along with even more hassle at airports and intrusive surveillance - I tend to be a bit cynical that they are being entirely truthful.
Correct in point one

Correct in point two

Like the Old IRA quote After Brighton " You have to be lucky all the time we only have to be lucky once".
Unfortunately, unlike PIRA these fecktards don't care or have an escape route which makes them a bloody nightmare to deal with.

www.strategypage.com/downloads/iedsrectalcavities.pdf

An open source comment on the tactic used against the Saudi.

Due to the images, viewer discretion is advised (don't read it over your dinner).:hungry:

minkey

Old-Salt

Truth in part but that's all part of a terror plan.

Out of it now but when I was involved it seemed like nearly every month a new plot was interrupted that involved new not seen before techniques. Not all of them would have worked but some were pretty scary. But they never hit the press let alone dissemination amongst those on street to avoid panic

The last air plane bomb from AQAP was celebrated as Op Haemorrhage

upload_2014-7-4_21-13-51.jpeg

The device allegedly cost the above amount, the resulting security was the haemorrhage.

But that's terrorism for you. Our enemy asking us to discard our values and bankrupt ourselves to "win". Whatever winning looks like.

As ever, we need smarter ways (and policies) to keep us safer.

The Israelis seem to cope with air security far better than the UK nowadays considering the problems they had in the 80s.

minkey

Old-Salt
The Israelis seem to cope with air security far better than the UK nowadays considering the problems they had in the 80s.
That's because they throw a ton of manpower at their flights. Doing the security and passenger profiling. Easier to do when it's one airline

You can't even visit Israel if you have your passport stamped from an Arab Country.

There were/are a few lads in the trade who legitimately hold two passports, one specifically when they go to instruct in Israel.

expat

Old-Salt
That's because they throw a ton of manpower at their flights. Doing the security and passenger profiling. Easier to do when it's one airline
Israel IIRC only has to profile about 6 million passengers a year. In comparison LAX alone is in the order of 60 million passengers a year. For the US, following the Israeli approach simply isn't affordable.

minkey

Old-Salt
Israel IIRC only has to profile about 6 million passengers a year. In comparison LAX alone is in the order of 60 million passengers a year. For the US, following the Israeli approach simply isn't affordable.
Isn't that what I said without the numbers?

It's certainly interesting, was reading about those few attempts (shoe bomber and underpants bomber?) and the author quoted FBI saying if they did go bang it would be catastrophic.

Scary shit, I don't want to feel scared on flights, let's kill them all...oh wait, that's what I am supposed to think isn't it America!

J

Well I hope it all settles down in a few months prior to my Carribean Flight in a few months, knowing the US is just one of the Countries on the top of these nutters hitlist does'nt make international flying any easier.

Latest Threads