Airport Car Parking - Heathrow Terminal 3

Discussion in 'Travel' started by BOSBOASUTM, May 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for car parking at Heathrow T3?
    Most review sites involve handing keys over to a stranger, then your car coming back damaged and dirty.
    Positive and negative information gratefully received, Thanks.
  2. I don't know about Heathrow but my experience of Park, Meet and Greet at Manchester has always been positive. Of course you can never guarantee anything but I found the service good. Bear in mind that bad news is good news and 1000s of satisfied customers rarely bother commenting on it.
  3. Depends how long for?

If I go anywhere for a long weekend, I tend to use one of the more reputable, but admittedly more expensiv, sites (eg Pink Elephant).

Anywhere longer than that, you pays your money and takes your chance. I've used a couple of off-airport sites in the past and not had a problem but I know some peeps that have had probs in the same places.

My advice? Offer to pay a mate to take you to the airport and pay his petrol money. It'll be easier, safer and probably a damn sight cheaper.
  4. If you are still serving, you can park at Hounslow Barracks for one pound per day (for the ABF). Give the guardroom a call in order to check that it is ok - I think that its the Worcester & Sherwood Forresters there at present.

You can then get a cab for approx 10-15 quid or walk around the block to Hounslow West tube station.
  5. Cheers for that info will save a fair bit in future :D
  6. A late reply but still may help anyone else in the future

Speak to anyone you know who works at RAF Uxbridge - 10 mins from Heathrow.