Airmans Mid-Air Fuel Leak Video Saves Plane

Convinced it was serious, Sgt Bachleda then attempted to alert cabin crew - but was met with a brush-off by an air stewardess
That usually happens to me when trying to attract their attention so I can order another drink! :wink:

Nice to know that someone on the plane was on the ball! Well done Sgt Bachleda! You've done the US Air Force (and yourself) proud! :D

You would've thought that some of the instruments on the air craft (i.e. fuel gauge) would have shown something to be wrong. 8O

right-grumpy said:
Archangel said:
It seems that crabs (or whatever the US equivalent is) have their uses!

Airman's Mid-Air Fuel Leak Video Saves Plane

The airline really pushed the boat out with his reward 8O
Indeed! 300 lives saved (not to mention a multi million dollar aircraft) and the airline condescend to bump the guy up a seat class! He may even have got a free extra packet of peanuts! 8O

Archangel said:
right-grumpy said:
Archangel said:
It seems that crabs (or whatever the US equivalent is) have their uses!

Airman's Mid-Air Fuel Leak Video Saves Plane

The airline really pushed the boat out with his reward 8O
Indeed! 300 lives saved (not to mention a multi million dollar aircraft) and the airline condescend to bump the guy up a seat class! He may even have got a free extra packet of peanuts! 8O
First Class is a nice reward! I once peeked in to see how the other half lived, before being captured and imprisoned back in Cattle! :D :D :p

On a flight back to BHX from the Reich, I happened to notice an awful lot of pink fluid seeping over the leading edge on a 7pig7.

Discreetly informed the Stewardess, who informed the Captain, who literally jogged down the aisle, took a look and assumed a worried frown.

We went straight for BHX, no messing, touched down. Captain took me aside and thanked me, Stewardess gave me a "You'd get it, oh yes" look, and a male steward hissed at me, "Thanks to you I have to overnight in BHX"

Which wasn't nice at all :(

PartTimePongo said:
On a flight back to BHX from the Reich, I happened to notice an awful lot of pink fluid seeping over the leading edge on a 7pig7.

Discreetly informed the Stewardess, who informed the Captain, who literally jogged down the aisle, took a look and assumed a worried frown.

We went straight for BHX, no messing, touched down. Captain took me aside and thanked me, Stewardess gave me a "You'd get it, oh yes" look, and a male steward hissed at me, "Thanks to you I have to overnight in BHX"

Which wasn't nice at all :(
Did you?

Get it that is.

From the steward?

No, not my type, he had a c0ck.

He was lucky it wasn't BA. On a flight from Heathrow to Brussels I smelled burning in midflight. I obviously wasn't the only one, but we were all doing that terribly British thing: "Err, stewardess? I don't mean to be a pain, but... the aircraft... seems to be... on fire... A bit. Is it... err... anything we.. you know... should be worried about?"

One rather vain attempt to disguise a frantic search through the overhead lockers later and the Captain came over the intercom to tell us some cock-and-bull story about, "probably a bit of paper sucked into the engines". We landed 40 minutes ahead of schedule and were tailed down the runway by a brace of fire engines - for a bit of paper? Yeah, tug my rubbing part.

We didn't get so much as a complimentary pack of peanuts. Cnuts.

smartascarrots said:
He was lucky it wasn't BA. On a flight from Heathrow to Brussels I smelled burning in midflight. I obviously wasn't the only one, but we were all doing that terribly British thing: "Err, stewardess? I don't mean to be a pain, but... the aircraft... seems to be... on fire... A bit. Is it... err... anything we.. you know... should be worried about?"

One rather vain attempt to disguise a frantic search through the overhead lockers later and the Captain came over the intercom to tell us some cock-and-bull story about, "probably a bit of paper sucked into the engines". We landed 40 minutes ahead of schedule and were tailed down the runway by a brace of fire engines - for a bit of paper? Yeah, tug my rubbing part.

We didn't get so much as a complimentary pack of peanuts. Cnuts.
You were lucky! Oh those pesky bits of paper can really cause havoc with a 975,000lb aircraft! I gather it was really a bit of tissue paper stuck in the rudder which actually sank the Titanic :lol: