Airliner hijacked - passengers overpower hijacker.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by EX_STAB, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There have been a few others.
  2. In a post 9-11 enviroment, trying to hijack a plane full of people who outnumber you and believe they will die unless they kill or incapacitate you isn't the smartest idea in the world.
  3. Have to say I'd be more up for it in that or any other environment. See a geezer try to pull at some cord on his rucksack on a tube while saying "Allah fucking ackbar" and he's fucking mine! :threaten:
  4. From the BBC article:

The pilot and his colleagues decided to abruptly apply brakes on landing to throw off-balance the hijacker, who was hurled to the floor by the jerk and was quickly overpowered before being handed over to the Spanish police force," a Mauritanian official told AFP news agency.

One report said flight attendants threw boiling water at him and around 10 people overpowered him.

This would have never happened on a BA flight. Trying to getting anything more than tepid water for a coffee is impossible hence throwing boiling water around the place would be a non-starter.
  5. Had it been BA mate they would have thrown their rank sandwiches at him!! that would have done the trick

I must say I am with G2 looney on this one, i'd rather die trying to stuff a hijacker down an airline toilet aperture than sitting meekly in my seat whilst we plummeted down to 'terra firma'
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, I'm up in front of the judge next week as I saw an 'arab' looking fella with a rucksack on the tube the other day with some wires coming out to something he had in his hands.

After I had broken every major bone in his body and some internal organs, it turned out he was a Haitian playing with his Ipod.
  7. If pukka then surely you have a lawful excuse in that it was 'self defence' however there is removing the threat and then going over the top and I suspect if you then followed up with a few kidney punches you might be on dodgey ground.
  8. Yes, but if Allah tells them to hijack the plane they don't have much choice :plotting:
  9. haha I would love to be in the witness stand for that trial. How come the Scum or the Mirror have not picked up on this?

''Racist nazi attacks innocent Haitan on the tubes for fun''

To be honest I really wouldn't know as I don't read that crap.

Keep us updated.
  10. If a 'Brit' had overpowered a hijacker as described, guess what? He or she would be charged with all kinds of offences including of course some under the Human Rights Act.
    Preventing a piece of Arab scum blowing himself up contrary to Section 13 of the Act and Section 99 - (Provision of Fat Fees for Lawyers).
    I like the boiling water bit - bloody good show!
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

12. Lucky it wasn't in Blighty. Everyone charged with assault, pilot suspended awaiting investigation by CAA and the offender given priority accommodation, a fcuking lawyer to represent him on his Human Rights and a series of do-gooders on TV telling us how bad it must have been in his own country for this twa@t to hijack the plane in the first place. Backed up by a bunch of fcuking Lefties on Any Questions!

Out of breath - Rant Over :frustrated: