• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Airline Lounges, can they be blagged?

I'm travelling on a ski holiday this weekend and I am flying from Heathrow with United Airlines, do you reckon using my MoD90 I could get into the lounge? What are people's experiences of airlines being military?

I'm travelling on a ski holiday this weekend and I am flying from Heathrow with United Airlines, do you reckon using my MoD90 I could get into the lounge? What are people's experiences of airlines being military?
Why not go the whole hog? Turn up late (ish) in best bib and tucker not looking like a ski bum. If they're overbooked you may be in with a shout for an upgrade. Be polite and ask if there is any chance of one when you check in. It's very much down to how full the jet is and how you get on with whoever is checking in, I've had some and been lauged at in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though.

OK, slightly serious...

You are not allowed to use your Service to gain financial advantage except for stuff in the Military Discounts book. ( or whatever its called. )

Bah, humbug...

P

PrinceAlbert

Show them your MOD90......as everyone knows that it's a badge of heroism. If they don't let you in then they're a bunch of *****.

You ******* penis.

Unlikely for BA lounges although you could wait outside and ask a sympathetic looking person if he'll / she'll take you in as his guest.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I bought one of those overpriced serviceair lounge passes a few years back as I was doing a lot of travelling.

It was bonk. The pass was about 60 quid but you'd still have to cough up a tenner or so to get in the lounge.

Once inside you'd be presented with a shite buffet, gash drinks and a free newspaper.

If you plan on drinking 50 quids worth of bottled lager in the brief hour or two before you board the plane, then it might be worth it, otherwise save your cash.

These days if I'm not travelling business class, I'm more than happy to grab a paper in WH Smiths along with a few pints and a fry up in Wetherspoons or a Pizza Express.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I think servisair are about £20-30 for one visit. Drinks prices in airports can soon get to that. My Santander bank account gives me so many included admissions but they're only free drinks and snacks.
It's nowhere near the standard if a business lounge.

Latest Threads