AIRJET Bergans

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by LCPL_Bull, Mar 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are AIRJET bergans good quality? all suggestios welcome before anyone starts im a cadet so dont bother with go and see the QM thanks.

2. Air jet is another brand from the people that brought you Web Tex and Viper. Search this forum for opinions on Web Tex and draw your own conclusions.

Personally I'd buy a PLCE Bergen, they're pretty damn cheap these days if you look hard enough.

3. issue bergens and day 35 litre day sacks, good kit....cheap on ebay if you look. The airjet ones look thin and cheap from what i have seen.

4. I have just googled this bergen, my opinion is leave it alone! It looks cheap and nasty, go with the PLCE it's hard wearing and i'm sure after cadets you'll join up so you will be able to see the QM's for an exchange if it's worn out by then.

5. its nasty and not particularly cheap get genuine issue off fleabay or by a half decent civi bergan from argos and a dpm cover.
    would do for cadets but why have a cheap imitation when you could have the real thing for less ?

6. Go for quality, go for the real thing. Nothing worse than having a strap or buckle break 20k from anywhere carrying 50lbs of kit.

(Had that happen once to me, winter camping, -25 degrees, 20km from anywhere and the shoulder strap broke. Not a pleasant feeling)