Builds Airfix Fairey Fulmar NF.II

Daz

LE
Blackburn Skua
Blackburn_Skua.jpg

sea skua
US_Navy_020312-N-6077T-004_Sea_Skua_Anti-Ship_missile.jpg

Easy to get the two confused if like me, you're blind :)

lert

LE
Falcon do/did (my inventory says so) a vac-form canopy so you can see all the nothingness.
If you like that kind of thing. ;)
No shop bought after market for me on this one. My gluey thumbprints will be all over the kit canopy!

lert

LE
That's a Fulmar. Your first shot was the Firefly. I don't think there's any Skuas left... intact anyway.
No Skuas indeed. Shame 'cos I've got one in the stash for later this year. But I believe the Noggies dredged one up recently and the opportunities there for some 'heavy distressing'.

Linky, but no pics:

oh dear me, I thought the Blackburn Skua was renamed the sea skua by the RNAS when it was fitted with an arrester hook and flown off a deck, But it's a post war missile. Every day a school day on eer.

Daz

LE

lert

LE
I did say this would be a slow build, and I know @SPROCKET321 has probably scratch built a 1:1 diorama of the Battle of Kursk this afternoon, but in between trying to buy a house there has been some progress.

20210406_171156.jpg

The OOB cockpit with just some masking tape belts and a bit of light chipping. Ringa was an old lady by the period I'm trying to model so there would have been a couple of years of fat footed spanner monkeys climbing in and out.

20210406_171203.jpg

The gubbins is going in on the sides as well. Something to represent airframe stringers in the back and some O2 bootles for the looker. The pilot gets a hydraulic bottle for the tail hook and a throttle so far. When my new (!) punch set arrives then I can knock up some trim wheels as well. I've got some boxes made for the radio and radar bits to go in the back but again am stuck waiting until I can make some circles for the CRT display and dials.

So the only other bit of progress has been knocking up some wheel wells and I'm a bit stuck now.

20210406_171413.jpg

Might have to buy a house if I can't crack on with this....

View attachment 563179Of course, I have had some help :rolleyes:
He's saying, "Dad, what are you on, making wingy things when we are meant to be moving home?"
But hew doesn't know you are in the calm before the storm, make the most of it and don't bond the wings on so you can put it all neatly back in the box for moving day, mind that could be months away.

lert

LE
He's saying, "Dad, what are you on, making wingy things when we are meant to be moving home?"
But hew doesn't know you are in the calm before the storm, make the most of it and don't bond the wings on so you can put it all neatly back in the box for moving day, mind that could be months away.
I think she's reminding me that it's a well known fact that all FAA aircraft of WWII had vast great quantities of giant cat hair in their paint schemes.

I am already thinking about the move though. Just out of shot is a half rigged wooden lugger that I can't bring myself to re-engage with. But if I don't get at least the standing rigging finished that really won't survive :(