Builds Airfix 1/180 scale HMS Victory

Bloody hell is this another one?

how many do you knock out a month just out of interest?

daz

LE

6,000,095 kits on average judging by his posting rates :)

the Chain whales are three small platforms jutting out on the port and starboard side of the ship, they hold the stay tackles that hold the ratlines up to the mast tops. The decks of them are held by oversize studs that need trimming to fit holes in the side of the model.
chain whales.png

not that many as it goes, I have re-posted several builds that lost their pictures when tinypic folded. I use Cloudinary now, hope they don't fold. So I give the impression of making more than I do, But daz does warn everyone of my BBC 2 repeat builds.

wafubustard

War Hero
I'm in the dock yard on monday if there are any pictures I could try and get for you.
I cannot guarantee they will let me on board but from the outside I can try.

I'm in the dock yard on monday if there are any pictures I could try and get for you.
yes please the more reference images the better, but not on here please, daz started an excellent image ref of HMS Victory last monday, if you could add to his thread there it would have all the images in one place, can I have a close up of the anchor stowage tackle, a series of images of how the Chain whales attach to the hull, the beak head hawse hole on the bow and a good picture of the Spirketting would be helpful.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
yes please the more reference images the better, but not on here please, daz started an excellent image ref of HMS Victory last monday, if you could add to his thread there it would have all the images in one place, can I have a close up of the anchor stowage tackle, a series of images of how the Chain whales attach to the hull, the beak head hawse hole on the bow and a good picture of the Spirketting would be helpful. Oh and a candid shot of Lady Hamilton too.
You forgot something.

oh, belay the last, you can't get on board, but a shot of the knights head from outside and the fife rail would be possible if you could.

dug out some spares box pe for the mesh across the top of the head, wouldn't want to fall into Davey Jones locker while taking a dump. I'll finish it with a rope handrail along it's top.
safety net on the head.png

Oh and a candid shot of Lady Hamilton too.

This is about as candid as you'll get...

lovely-crayon-portrait-emma-lady_hamilton.jpg

She seemed happy to get them out for some artist chappie called George Romney...

making a start on the hammock netting on the poop deck, I bet I'm going to find that white ensign models do a PE set for this, and it'd look 10 times better.
hammock netting on the poop a.png

Latest Threads